Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Gripe

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
215 Views, 3 Replies

Gripe

I need to gripe because I have been sitting in front of a blank screen for nigh on an hour now with just a little blue scroll bar running up and down in the bottom left corner. 

What did I do you ask?

Well, I have created a part which has 30 or so features, one of which about a quarter of the way down is a pattern.  I needed to do a change on one of the features that was above the pattern, so I drew up the EOP, changed the feature I wanted to change then realised there was going to be a problem with the pattern, but all I can do is delete all the features below the EOP, or drag the EOP below the pattern, wait until inventor has calculated something that I know will fail, Inventor then says it fails, then I can change it. I don't have any option to delete one feature or change it before inventor tries to calculate it. Very annoying and a waste of time. Who knows how much longer it will take? Luckily I have a little paper work I can do.

End of gripe.

Ozitag.

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
JDMather
in reply to: Anonymous

I always have at least two different computers running and multiple applications on at least one.
Then when everything is tied up - I come here and see if there are any questions I know the answer to.
I think I need another CPU, two more monitors - I spend a lot of time waiting for stuff to finish!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2019 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 Certified Professional
Certified SolidWorks Professional

Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: JDMather

I've never tried it, but it would be good to have multiple instances of inventor open working on different parts. After all you're only using one core of the processor, surely you could have one in each processor, maybe leave one for Windows etc.

Ozitag.

Message 4 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

Yep, you can totally run multiple instances. I only do it when I'm working on two seperate things, though. Otherwise the risk of referencing the same files can cause trouble (mostly overwriting work).

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report