Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Greyed out Cut Inheritance

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
dan_inv09
1126 Views, 1 Reply

Greyed out Cut Inheritance

I have a couple of breakout views - they go through some stuff that is dimensioned in a detail view. I thought I could just turn off the Cut Inheritance but it is all greyed out.

Is there some sort of setting that will allow mw to change the Cut Inheritance?

Is Cut Inheritance not an option for Detail Views for some stupid reason?

The Wonderful Help says, "Note The available options depend on type of the edited view." which I suppose could be interpreted as, "In certain cases you will be out of luck (sucker!)" but wouldn’t it be nice if it would give the tiniest details about when you are not going to be able to do it at all? You design in these ridiculous limitations, maybe you could give us a hint once in a while. (Oh wait, the help is a wiki now – Autodesk doesn’t have to take ANY responsibility for its incompleteness.)

I copied an old drawing so I wouldn't have to re-dimension all the stuff in the detail view - it moved just slightly from the original and now overlaps where the breakout needs to be .(Of course, I would have been done by now had I started from scratch instead of fighting with this issue).

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
japplegate711
in reply to: dan_inv09

BUMP

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report