Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphincs card

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
Anonymous
903 Views, 7 Replies

Graphincs card

Hi all,

does anyone know if Autodesk Inventor would work on Intel (R) HD Graphics graphics card? I need to use Autodesk for my engineering course and i want to know if it works properly on my current laptop.

Thanks

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
samiharada
in reply to: Anonymous

For Inventor 2014, only Intel(R) HD Graphics P4600/P4700 is certified.

Please see this link:

http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/syscert?siteID=123112&id=18844534&results=1&stype=graphic&produ...

Thank you,

-Sami Harada

Inventor Framework QA

Autodesk, Inc.

Email_Signature_Logobar.jpg

Message 3 of 8
dgorsman

HD graphics is "on chip" ie. comes with the processor and shares system RAM.  On a laptop with already limited resources, this can be a bad thing.  Work?  Probably.  Work well enough to actually get things done so you can learn?  Probably not.

----------------------------------
If you are going to fly by the seat of your pants, expect friction burns.
"I don't know" is the beginning of knowledge, not the end.

Message 4 of 8
JDMather

@Anonymous wrote:

Hi all,

does anyone know if Autodesk Inventor would work on Intel (R) HD Graphics graphics card? I need to use Autodesk for my engineering course and i want to know if it works properly on my current laptop.

Thanks

What are the other specs of the machine.
I have a lot of students.

They are running Inventor on just about anything (purchased within the past couple of years).

As a student you can download Inventor for free and answer your question with more certainty.

http://www.autodesk.com/edcommunity   (try going through the tutorials, especially Inventor Studio and Dynamic Simulation).  Be sure to create a few drawings.

You might need to go to Tools>Application Options>Hardware tab and change the setting.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2019 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 Certified Professional
Certified SolidWorks Professional

Message 5 of 8
Anonymous

It is a 2 year old acer aspire 5742.
64-bit
Core i3
Windows 7 home premium
4 gb RAM ( can be upgraded to 😎
320 gb hard drive
Message 6 of 8
Anonymous

Iwill try it out as you said and see what happens
Thanks
Message 7 of 8
JDMather

When you install it will ask you to Activate your license or run in 30-day Trial mode.

I recommend that you run in trial mode for at least a couple of weeks before you activate your free license (you don't want to use up your activations if there is trouble running on this machine).

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2019 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 Certified Professional
Certified SolidWorks Professional

Message 8 of 8
samiharada
in reply to: JDMather

FYI - you can use "License Transfer Utility" (can be found under WIndows' start menu >

All Programs > Autodesk > Autodesk Inventor 2014) to move your license from one PC to another.

If you have a question, please visit  Installation & Licensing NG:

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Installation-Licensing/bd-p/24

Thanks,

-Sami Harada

Inventor Framework QA

Autodesk Inc.

Email_Signature_Logobar.jpg

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report