Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
192 Views, 3 Replies

Graphics Cards

Has any one tried using the Nvidia Geforce FX5200 with inventor 8, and MDT 2004? I have been working with my department IS & S group on ordering new cards, and gave them a list ranging from Quadro 4 to the Quadro FX 3000G. The first card that came in was the Geforce FX5200. To my Understanding this is a 3d Gaming Card, not a work card. I guess thats what I get for giving IS&S the option of what card to order.
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

The GeForce cards do work with Inventor, and if Magazine benchmarks are to be believed, they are quicker than Quadro cards. However, you are limited to the number of documents you can have open concurrently (4) before it goes into go slow mode, no support for overlay planes and limited hardware wireframe acceleration. GeForce FX5200 works, but if you want to do serious work get a serious card. See Rory's answer above. Quadro FX500 is an excellent performer, relatively cheap and I have one in my PC and love it! John Bilton
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous

One problem I have is our design purchased all Dell OPTIPLEX systems, thinking that processor and Dram is everything in the computer, and will make all software run faster. For most of our group these work great but there are 2 of us that do 3d assemblies on average of 700 to 1000 parts, and these word processor machines just don't cut it. So the graphics cards that I have a choice of are limited.
Message 4 of 4
Anonymous

I have a GeForce Go FX5690 card with 128mg in my Dell Inspiron 8600 laptop. I primarly use it on the road for presentation. We do a lot of work with 1000 part assemblies. I only have one IV8 window open at a time. Have not had a single problem with the unit. Only have 500mg of memory. Only only complaint is with the hard drive. I am used to SCSI 160 and 320 hard drives on my work stations, so it takes a while to open the files and IV8. Blair Stunder "John Bilton" wrote in message news:3fded331$1_6@statler... > The GeForce cards do work with Inventor, and if Magazine benchmarks are to be believed, they are quicker than Quadro cards. > However, you are limited to the number of documents you can have open concurrently (4) before it goes into go slow mode, no support > for overlay planes and limited hardware wireframe acceleration. > > GeForce FX5200 works, but if you want to do serious work get a serious card. See Rory's answer above. Quadro FX500 is an excellent > performer, relatively cheap and I have one in my PC and love it! > > John Bilton >

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report