Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards/Dual Displays

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
Anonymous
563 Views, 4 Replies

Graphics Cards/Dual Displays

I have Dual displays at home and use Revit and Inventor. Does anyone use dual displays and what type of Graphic card can I use? The one that came with my system doesn't have enough memory to run two screens and perform like I want.

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

I struggled with this too.  I found the best solution was to purchase a new workstation (see below).  I'm very happy with what I ended up with and it works wonderfully.

What I learned is that if you're going to do anything complicated with lots of parts and sub-assys you'll need a fair amount of horsepower in GPU, Processor, and Ram.  If you're staying fairly basic then even a non-dedicated non-certified gpu will work.  I ran inventor on my laptop with Intel HD graphics and an i5 core with 8 g or ram.  When my files got complicated enough it ground to a halt but until then I ran an additional monitor and used the display on the laptop as well.

Cheers

Message 3 of 5
blair

Autodesk does have a hardware requirements at: http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/ps/dl/item?siteID=123112&id=15402497&linkID=9242018

Now with the last number of releases of Inventor switched to D3D, the requirment for "CAD" graphics cards is not really required. (lots of posts on this forum under graphics cards)

A good fast "gamming" card is all that is really required.

Inventor 2020, In-Cad, Simulation Mechanical

Just insert the picture rather than attaching it as a file
Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.
Delta Tau Chi ΔΤΧ

Message 4 of 5
coreyparks
in reply to: blair

Revit, however may have different requirements and may not work as smoothly with only a gaming card.

Please mark this response "Accept as solution" if it answers your question.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Corey Parks
Message 5 of 5
Anonymous

Thank you all for your reply. I think i will go with one of the Quadro FX type that have been tested. I  will post the results as soon as I can get it changed out.

Matt

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report