Inventor General Discussion

Mentor
Talayoe
Message 1 of 4 (163 Views)

Goofy Section

163 Views, 3 Replies
11-28-2012 06:02 AM

Hello all,

I made a new part right out of Assembly, shaft gen and then put a gear on the out side of one secion. When I pull it into  a drawing and try to section it, it comes out like so...

Bad Section.jpg

Obviously this section doesnt really show much of the inside. I thought maybe I had buggered a setting or something...so I created a new IPT and brought it into the drawing and it worked fine, like so....

Good section.jpg

What gives? The only differnce really is that I created the first one entirely from assembly mode and the second from part mode. I have drawn many gears in recent times, dimensioned, sectioned ect with no issue... I also tried using the different options in the section pop up (Slice, full, distance, ect) I could make it section partially with a combination of options, but it wasnt proper like this second pic.

Any ideas?

TIA!

=]

-Randy

----------------------
Inventor 2015 PDS
*Expert Elite*
Cadmanto
Message 2 of 4 (155 Views)

Re: Goofy Section

11-28-2012 06:19 AM in reply to: Talayoe

VIEW.JPGHi,

When you edit that view what setting do you have here?

Try "Always"

Best Regards,
Scott McFadden
Inventor Professional 2013
(Colossians 3:23-25)

*Expert Elite*
JDMather
Message 3 of 4 (151 Views)

11-28-2012 06:24 AM in reply to: Talayoe

Can you attach the assembly here (only need two parts).

I have had something like that occur only if i dragged the view to the other side after creation.

Please mark this response as "Accept as Solution" if it answers your question.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2014 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 Certified Professional
Certified SolidWorks Professional
Inventor Professional 2015 64-bit
http://www.autodesk.com/edcommunity
http://home.pct.edu/~jmather/content/DSG322/inventor_surface_tutorials.htm
Mentor
Talayoe
Message 4 of 4 (136 Views)

11-28-2012 06:37 AM in reply to: JDMather

Now, please let me be clear. I tried this last night on my laptop and that was where I thought my settings were goofy. So I tried this morning on my desktop. Same thing. I make this post. I get the email requesting the file, so what do I do? I rename the assembly from 'Assembly1' to 'Bad Section' ... and just for the sake of it try again with both suggestions.

Now it reacts perfectly... I tried pulling on both sides and it sectioned correctly. Tried changing the browser settings, but since it worked already from the pull there wasnt any change there.... And yet, if I create a new file I can replicate the original problem. With this in mind, I re-tried the 'obey browser..' and there was no change.

I have attached all nessesary files in a zip file.

I doubt this could be solely related to the file naming, but I have no clue. So I am good for the moment, but it still perplexes me why it does this.

tks guys!!

-Randy

----------------------
Inventor 2015 PDS
Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.
Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions or visit the Installation and Licensing Forum to get help installing your software.