Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Goofy Section

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
Talayoe
333 Views, 3 Replies

Goofy Section

Hello all,

I made a new part right out of Assembly, shaft gen and then put a gear on the out side of one secion. When I pull it into  a drawing and try to section it, it comes out like so...

Bad Section.jpg

Obviously this section doesnt really show much of the inside. I thought maybe I had buggered a setting or something...so I created a new IPT and brought it into the drawing and it worked fine, like so....

Good section.jpg

What gives? The only differnce really is that I created the first one entirely from assembly mode and the second from part mode. I have drawn many gears in recent times, dimensioned, sectioned ect with no issue... I also tried using the different options in the section pop up (Slice, full, distance, ect) I could make it section partially with a combination of options, but it wasnt proper like this second pic.

Any ideas?

TIA!

=]

-Randy

----------------------
Inventor 2017 PDS
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Cadmanto
in reply to: Talayoe

VIEW.JPGHi,

When you edit that view what setting do you have here?

Try "Always"

Best Regards,
Scott McFadden
(Colossians 3:23-25)

Message 3 of 4
JDMather
in reply to: Talayoe

Can you attach the assembly here (only need two parts).

I have had something like that occur only if i dragged the view to the other side after creation.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2019 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 Certified Professional
Certified SolidWorks Professional

Message 4 of 4
Talayoe
in reply to: JDMather

Now, please let me be clear. I tried this last night on my laptop and that was where I thought my settings were goofy. So I tried this morning on my desktop. Same thing. I make this post. I get the email requesting the file, so what do I do? I rename the assembly from 'Assembly1' to 'Bad Section' ... and just for the sake of it try again with both suggestions.

Now it reacts perfectly... I tried pulling on both sides and it sectioned correctly. Tried changing the browser settings, but since it worked already from the pull there wasnt any change there.... And yet, if I create a new file I can replicate the original problem. With this in mind, I re-tried the 'obey browser..' and there was no change.

I have attached all nessesary files in a zip file.

I doubt this could be solely related to the file naming, but I have no clue. So I am good for the moment, but it still perplexes me why it does this.

tks guys!!

-Randy

----------------------
Inventor 2017 PDS

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report