Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Good Screen Recording Software

24 REPLIES 24
SOLVED
Message 1 of 25
SteveFrey
5288 Views, 24 Replies

Good Screen Recording Software

Does anyone have any recommendations for a good screen recording program? 

Steve Frey
Inventor 2021
Windows 10 Professional 64-bit
HP ZBook 17 G6
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i9-9880H CPU @ 2.30GHz
Memory: 80 GB
NVIDIA Quadro RTX5000
3D Connexion SpaceMouse Wireless
24 REPLIES 24
Message 2 of 25
karthur1
in reply to: SteveFrey

Depends on what ur trying to do with it.... try Jing.

Message 3 of 25
JDMather

Also Camtasia Studio.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2019 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 Certified Professional
Certified SolidWorks Professional

Message 4 of 25
SteveFrey
in reply to: JDMather

I'll take a look.  Thanks JD.

Steve Frey
Inventor 2021
Windows 10 Professional 64-bit
HP ZBook 17 G6
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i9-9880H CPU @ 2.30GHz
Memory: 80 GB
NVIDIA Quadro RTX5000
3D Connexion SpaceMouse Wireless
Message 5 of 25
DarrenP

i would try jing its free the downside is your only allowed to record up to 5 minutes of video if its longer than 5 minutes you are going to have to record multiple videos and combine them later

DarrenP
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 6 of 25

I have tried Snagit and Fraps...snagit is good for snapshots and Fraps is good for game play. I need a screen recording tool which will help me create video tutorials...I think My Screen Recorder is one of the best screen recording tools. It records the screen and audio from the speakers or the microphone - or both simultaneously. It's easy to use, and the recordings look great. 

Message 7 of 25
mpatchus

I have been using Camtasia to capture video, then use Adobe Captivate to add narration to the video for training use.

The text to speech function in Captivate makes narrating a snap. 

Camtasia's editing tools allow me to break up a video into segments, add "freeze" screens, and adjust the playback speed of the video in order to align with the narration.

Mike Patchus - Lancaster SC

Inventor 2025 Beta

Alienware m17, Intel(R) Core(TM) i9-10980HK CPU @ 2.40GHz 3.10 GHz, Win 11, 64gb RAM, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 Super

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below. 🙂
Message 8 of 25
zzzoooeee1993

I tried a bunch of them on Windows, my favorite up to this is TuneFab Screen Recorder which no watermark after outputting video or screenshot. If you are on a Mac, try QuickTime? 

Message 9 of 25
cbenner

Look at Autodesk's >>Screencast<<.  It's free, it's easy and it can be embedded into these forums directly.  It can also be downloaded as an .mp4 and then uploaded to YouTube or other sites.

Message 10 of 25
chris

Find an old Mini DV camcorder and set it on a tripod in front of your screen and get a long extension cable for your keyboard. Then find an old Mini DV to digital hub to convert the analog to digital... sorry, those were the old days, (couldn't resist), just use Jing or buy Camtasia.

Message 11 of 25
mdavis22569
in reply to: cbenner

I use Screencast ... 

If needed I download it and do some more editing in Adobe Premiere Pro 

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.

---------
Mike Davis

EESignature

Message 12 of 25
perrysc

I use OBS. It's free and easy to use.

Message 13 of 25
S_May
Message 14 of 25
jonny96VW3

We use to use Albeton until it became quite difficult to work with. Ended up looking for alternatives and found this site reviewing them, http://musiccritic.com/equipment/software/best-daw-recording-software/. Ended up switching to number 3 on their list. Very good move. Hope this helps.

Message 15 of 25
ivylamb

Since you are using Windows 7, I want to share you with the best screen recording software called VideoSolo Screen Recorder. With it, you can record any activities of your screen and even online video which is not available to download. Also, you can save the background music of a video only because it supports to record the audio track.

Message 16 of 25
kongah989

I usually use this one https://www.movavi.com/screen-recorder/ It has a lot of different options and functions and captures different devices (webcam, microphone and so on). You can try to use it for free, I'm sure it'll suit you.

Message 17 of 25
cadman777

Hey guys, thanx for these recommendations.

I currently use FastStone Capture.

It's cheap and pretty good.

Only thing is, it won't show KEYSTROKES nor will it show the MOUSE MENU (and stuff like that).

Which of the above video capture programs does all that?

Thanx

... Chris
Win 7 Pro 64 bit + IV 2010 Suite
ASUS X79 Deluxe
Intel i7 3820 4.4 O/C
64 Gig ADATA RAM
Nvidia Quadro M5000 8 Gig
3d Connexion Space Navigator
Message 18 of 25
cadman777
in reply to: cadman777

Anybody??

... Chris
ASUS X79 Deluxe
Intel i7 3820 4.4 O/C
64 Gig ADATA RAM
Message 19 of 25
NigelHay

I use CaptureWiz for a variety of tasks. It lets you take screen shots by copy/paste, saving in various formats or as a screen sticky note. It records audio or records video with or without mouse movements. A useful tool that I use in some way every day.

Message 20 of 25
cadman777
in reply to: NigelHay

Thanx Nigel.

Does it record RMB mouse clicks and mouse pop-up menus too?

Does it record keystrokes?
Thanx ...

... Chris
ASUS X79 Deluxe
Intel i7 3820 4.4 O/C
64 Gig ADATA RAM

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report