Inventor General Discussion

Inventor General Discussion

*Expert Elite*
Mark_Flayler
Message 11 of 13 (217 Views)

Re: Going from Inventor to Solid Works

10-25-2013 03:04 PM in reply to: DarrenP

Publisher is a pretty good product if you watch what you are doing.  And the cost difference between what 3D Via sold for a couple years ago (not sure about current cost) around 8,000 US compared to only 1,000 US for Publisher it was quite a steal for a lot of clients.  It is definately a niche product though and great for creating fast imagery that can be consumed in MS Word or Adobe Illustrator for image placement.  Most of these programs though need to revolve around your workflow.  If you don't need updating of the imagery during WIP changes then it doesn't really matter what you use on the back end for manuals.  The bidirectional linking in the software is nice for WIP and marketing that happen side by side, but that tends not to be the case at most companies.

Mark Flayler - Senior Application Engineer
IMAGINiT's Manufacturing Solutions Blog:
http://blogs.rand.com/manufacturing/
Distinguished Contributor
Mustang69
Message 12 of 13 (214 Views)

10-25-2013 03:23 PM in reply to: BryanKelley

Yes I'm looking for doing photo realistic or nice graphic documents in wich I can decsribe the product I have done

Making images in Inventor is really embarasing comparing how nice Solid Works does it

Inventor has very very crude tools for doing images and it is time consuming.

Its a mattor of working with several programs to in the end get some decent presentation.

Making videos in Inventor is actually a joke.

Many times when I have visit a customers and got the oportunity to se my competitors documents made from within Solid Works I got really amased!

Quite recently I got a demostration from Solid Works sales people and was then convinced how easy and fast they did nice and simple documentations.

Well I have learned not to listen to much to sales people so thats the reason I also place the question here to maybe get some real hands on information! :smileyhappy:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RfnzEpL_Q6M

This is what i need! :smileyhappy:

*Expert Elite*
Cadmanto
Message 13 of 13 (202 Views)

10-25-2013 03:51 PM in reply to: JDMather

JD, you might be right.  When I saw this presentation it was back with SW 2009.  And Fusion 360 sounds more accurate, but that is the problem with using an older issue of Inventor.  I still have Inventor Fusion on my system.

check.PNGIf this solved your issue please mark this posting "Accept as Solution".

Or if you like something that was said and it was helpful, Kudoskudos.PNG are appreciated. Thanks!!!! :smileyvery-happy:

New EE Logo.PNG

Inventor.PNG     vault.PNG

Best Regards,
Scott McFadden
Inventor Professional 2013
(Colossians 3:23-25)

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.
Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions or visit the Installation and Licensing Forum to get help installing your software.