Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Going from a flat pattern to a pressed part

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
deonlemmer
234 Views, 4 Replies

Going from a flat pattern to a pressed part

I have the flat pattern of my part, and the press tool. Is there a way to form the flat pattern to the shape of the press tool?
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
JDMather
in reply to: deonlemmer

Attach the files here.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2019 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 Certified Professional
Certified SolidWorks Professional

The CADWhisperer YouTube Channel

EESignature

Message 3 of 5
mcgyvr
in reply to: JDMather

Seems like such a backasswards process..

If I understand you right, I would place the die and the flat pattern into an assembly file. Constrain the die/flat in the right place then edit the flat pattern in the assembly and create a sketch and project the die edges onto the flat.. Then fold the flat up using those projected lines..

How is it you have a flat pattern and have build a die but don't have the as formed part..How was the die built? How were the flat dimensions defined?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Inventor 2023 - Dell Precision 5570

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept Solution button below.
Maybe buy me a beer through Venmo @mcgyvr1269
Message 4 of 5
deonlemmer
in reply to: mcgyvr

I thought about it and decided that it is not worth the trouble to try and get to the pressed part. Will do some trail and error in the workshop. Thanks for the reply.

Message 5 of 5
JDMather
in reply to: deonlemmer

Could be trivially easy.

Attach your files here.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2019 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 Certified Professional
Certified SolidWorks Professional

The CADWhisperer YouTube Channel

EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report