Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Giving Myself a Headache!

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
roger
219 Views, 2 Replies

Giving Myself a Headache!

Sorry for the non specific subject line, but it is true! I am trying to design mating parts. I started from the same Sketch 1 and copied it to make base sketches for the left and right part (I think I named them backwards). Anyway, I printed the left part and it came out perfect. I modelled the right part and it looked perfect except the Z axis is in the wrong orientation for the part to be printable on the 3D printer. I want the flat plane to sit on the bed (Z=0) with the boss pointing up (Z+). I couldn't find any way to flip the Z axis orientation. I could totally redraw Sketch 1 and flip the x orientations as I work, but that seems like the long way around. I have 2014 Inventor LT. I use Slic3r to create the printer G code and it also did not have a way to flip the Z normal either. I have run into this several times. Is there a way to do this? File attached as reference.Thanks in advance, Roger

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
JDMather
in reply to: roger

Does Inventor LT have a Move Bodies command?

If it does, you orient the part however you want it.

Move Bodies.png

Or maybe Mirror Body is what you are after?

We change the orientation of our parts at the 3D printer software - not in Inventor.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2019 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 Certified Professional
Certified SolidWorks Professional

The CADWhisperer YouTube Channel

EESignature

Message 3 of 3
Logos_Atum
in reply to: JDMather

Hello there,

could´nt you just derive the part in Inventor?

Can Inventor LT do that?

Kind regards

Daniel

---

Dogs aren´t flammable.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report