Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Getting a total weight on alike content center parts in a BOM

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
benjoefoe
874 Views, 2 Replies

Getting a total weight on alike content center parts in a BOM

What I have are multiple content center parts in an assembly. For example here I'll say 1.25 in. round bar at different lengths. I want my parts list for my dwg to show a combined length and combined weight. What I figured I could do was check off the "merge rows based on part number" in the bom. Doing this combines alike parts based on it's part number. I then format my columns to read a "sum of values when rows are merged" As far as length goes it works fine, but the weight is not cooperating. As long as every round bar is the exact same length it works great, but as soon as you change the length for a part, the total weight then does not calculate. I attatched an image to show what it looks like.

Thanks, Ben

AutoDesk Inventor 2020 Certified
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
mdavis22569
in reply to: benjoefoe

I believe the problem is that you have 5 parts under the same part number, but they aren't all exactly alike.. therefore giving you the varies option.

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.

---------
Mike Davis

EESignature

Message 3 of 3
benjoefoe
in reply to: mdavis22569

Yes that is what I have, but shouldn't the weights merge like the lengths?

Thanks, Ben

AutoDesk Inventor 2020 Certified

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report