Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Get value from prompted entry of title block

7 REPLIES 7
SOLVED
Message 1 of 8
danijel.radenkovic
942 Views, 7 Replies

Get value from prompted entry of title block

Hello friends.

1. How to get value from an defined prompted entry of title block in my drawing?
For example, name of prompted entry is "NAME".
2. Can I do this without opening Inventor?

Inventor 2018/Windows 10 x64
If this information was helpful, please consider marking it as an Accepted Solution by using the Accept as Solution. Kudos are also gladly accepted.
7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8

You are looking for an automatic prompt when you start a new drawing?

If so the only way to accomplish this is through iLogic.  What is this "Name" entry that you are talking about?

Is that a file name or is it a title in the title block.

check.PNGIf this solved your issue please mark this posting "Accept as Solution".

Or if you like something that was said and it was helpful, Kudoskudos.PNG are appreciated. Thanks!!!! Smiley Very Happy

New EE Logo.PNG

Inventor.PNG     vault.PNG

Best Regards,
Scott McFadden
(Colossians 3:23-25)

Message 3 of 8

I am not looking for an automatic prompt when you start a new drawing. I made it.

"NAME" is a name of entry which I created. When I start that drawing it prompts to fill field connected with "NAME". I will put some text as value.

Now other part of story. I am making an external application which is connected with drawing file. When I start application it will show me current value of prompted entry "NAME" without opening Autodesk Inventor. ( Using Autodesk Inventor Apprentice or something like that as I saw on the similar posts over the internet).

If this information was helpful, please consider marking it as an Accepted Solution by using the Accept as Solution. Kudos are also gladly accepted.
Message 4 of 8

Ok, I get what you are talking about.  You want to be able to see the inputted value say in windows explorer.  I think I am correct in saying if you RC on the file in windows explorer and select properties I believe you can see this value under the the custom tab.

Do you have this working with an iLogic rule?  Do you mind posting the format along with the rule.  I am curious to see how this works.

check.PNGIf this solved your issue please mark this posting "Accept as Solution".

Or if you like something that was said and it was helpful, Kudoskudos.PNG are appreciated. Thanks!!!! Smiley Very Happy

New EE Logo.PNG

Best Regards,
Scott McFadden

Message 5 of 8

Hello Cadmanto . I am not talking about seeing in windows explorer. See attached .idw file. If you open file and try to edt title block and after that save title block to save changes you will see a window which gives you ability to putt some value in field. When tou putt some value it will show in drawing on the place where I made that prompted entry. Now, for example we will save that .idw. My question is simple and says: How to see a value which we are putted in promted entry of idw without opening Autodesk Inventor, in VBA application of excel or any VBA application? Clear now?

Thanks in advance

Message 6 of 8

It couldn't be done. I found few similar topics.

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Inventor-Customization/Read-Titleblock-values-via-apprentice/td-p/7588...

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Inventor-Customization/ApprenticeServer-gt-Titleblock/td-p/1377936

Thanks anyway.

Message 7 of 8

Yeah, I get it.  Two strikes against me is I have no experience with Apprentice and VBA very little.

I am gladd you found those links to satisfy what you were looking for.  I will check out your drawing dig into it a little bit more.

Thank you for sharing it and I am sorry I was not able to help more.

New EE Logo.PNG

Best Regards,
Scott McFadden

Message 8 of 8

Special thanks to you Cadmanto for became involved in searching for solution.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report