Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Get Model Sketches Inactive

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
moretti999
664 Views, 3 Replies

Get Model Sketches Inactive

In my section view, Get Model Sketches is inactive (greyed out; see attached).

It was OK up until recently, but now it would not show any sketches no matter what I try to do.

I would hate to recreate the view again.

Any thoughts?

Thanks.

AM

AM
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
mcgyvr
in reply to: moretti999

Thats normal I believe once they are "gotten" they are "gotten" 

If you have turned off the visibility of parts of a sketch you can go back to that sketch and uncheck Include then check it again and the sketch entities  should come back

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Inventor 2023 - Dell Precision 5570

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept Solution button below.
Maybe buy me a beer through Venmo @mcgyvr1269
Message 3 of 4
moretti999
in reply to: mcgyvr

Thanks for reply.

That's the problem - I did not do anything with the top assy and the sketches are there.

I have noticed this before, but today was the last straw.

I think it's AD glitch.

If you don't mind, and it is not related as well - do you have the same behavior when you try to change the part section participation? When I try to select them with the crossing window, the option is not available (greyed out), but when I pick them piece by piece, I can do it. It pains me both physically and mentally (why?).

Thanks in advance.

AM
Message 4 of 4
jmdltd
in reply to: moretti999

AIP 2012 - Autodesk come on!.....you should be able to uncheck the get model sketches check box but for some reason only autodesk can explain you can't uncheck it! because it grayed out etc...

However if you have run out of solutions....this might help....go to your model select the part with the sketch in it you require, suppress it, save part/assembly, go to drawing save it, go back to assembly unsuppress part, save part/assembly, go back to drawing now the part should show up in browser with no 'get model sketches' so recheck the check box...you lose some drawing data with this but it easier then other solutions like total redraw etc.

This worked for me!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report