Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Get Model Sketch (Multiple Instances)

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
MD-104
197 Views, 2 Replies

Get Model Sketch (Multiple Instances)

I have a sketch that i want to show in an idw that is within a pattern of a sub-assembly that is within an upper assembly. There could be quite a few or none of the sketches to show. I am able to show them a few at a time but i would like to have the ability to get all of the sketches (to show in the idw) at once with i-logic. Does anyone know if this is possible? I appears i can change the dimensions of the sketch with i-logic but i am unable to find anything to show the sketch with i-logic.

Any help would be appreciated.

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
johnsonshiue
in reply to: MD-104

Hi! Not all sketches make sense to be shown in a drawing view. It really depends on the view direction. If the view direciton is also normal to the sketch plane, then the sketches can be included in the drawing view.

Are you not able to include model sketchs normal to the view direction? If yes, I would like to see an example of the behavior.

Thanks!

Johnson Shiue (johnson.shiue@autodesk.com)
Software Test Engineer
Message 3 of 3
MD-104
in reply to: johnsonshiue

Thanks for the responce.

I am able to show the sketch i want to show. It is located within a pattern, within a subassembly, located in the upper assembly and it cumbersome to dig for each and every instance which we always show. I just wanted to know if there was a way to show multiple instances of a particularly named sketch with i-logic. 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report