Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

get model feature name on idw drawing

9 REPLIES 9
Message 1 of 10
skyngu
941 Views, 9 Replies

get model feature name on idw drawing

hi,

is it possible to get model feature's name on the idw drawing?

I can get model sketches for each features on idw drawing. Those sketches are also visible on the drawing.

but i wish it shows feature's name on the drawing.

thanks.

Autodesk Inventor Professional 2019
9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10
4donwan4
in reply to: skyngu

This cannot be done with the out of box software install. Consider posting this suggestion in the "Ideas" forum.

Regards,

Don

Message 3 of 10
mrattray

Why would you want that?
Mike (not Matt) Rattray

Message 4 of 10
jletcher
in reply to: 4donwan4

Are you sure about that I think I could get ilogic to give him what he wants if I knew how he wanted to use it..

Message 5 of 10
mrattray
in reply to: jletcher

It should be a simple matter to drill into the component and into the features collection to display a msgbox listing all features (for example).
Mike (not Matt) Rattray

Message 6 of 10
johnsonshiue

Hi! I would like to understand this request better. Do you want the ability to annotate an edge of a feature like the way you create hole notes or balloon? If yes, what feature specific information you want to present in the annotation?

Thanks!

Johnson Shiue (johnson.shiue@autodesk.com)
Software Test Engineer
Message 7 of 10
skyngu
in reply to: johnsonshiue

well, thanks for all replies on this post. I did try to create some user parameters on part model. but "-" dash is not allowed. it is not a big deal thru.

please check attachment. I want to show feature's name on the idw drawing. now, i create a text box in the sketch of part model and manually type in part numbers for hole patterns. then, i use "include sketch" to show hole patterns on the idw drawing.

Message 8 of 10
jletcher

I believe this can be done let me play with it over the weekend...

I am sure Curtis will jump in and help he is real good at ilogic may have something already.

If I don't see you have been helped I will post results...
Message 9 of 10
jletcher
in reply to: mrattray

Exactly then a symbol to crab it..
Message 10 of 10
skyngu
in reply to: jletcher

hi,

I want hole feature's name is displayed on hole thread not. eg. "HOLE_01 8-32 UNC" or on general leader text. I can not figure it out how to get feature's name from idw drawing when selecting hole features. thanks.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report