Inventor General Discussion

Valued Contributor
67 Posts
0 Kudos
Post 1 of 2

Geometry no longer available

163 Views, 1 Replies
12-09-2001 02:29 PM
I have a pretty big model that I am having issue with when I go to update it. I get the dreaded "geometry not available" error. I believe I have found out the reason that I get this and would like to know if it is a bug and has been fixed in version 6 (have the new version but our IS dept has not loaded yet and will not give a date when). Anyway here is what is happening. I have a big project that I have been working on and 90 percent of it was done in MDT6. I started doing a small section in inventor and I just linked the MDT file in (I did not convert the drawings because there are a lot of models and drawings). It seems that every constraint that is constrained to the main MDT6 file says geometry not available when it is opened at a later date. Has anyone else had any issues with using MDT6 parts in inventor? Thanks in advance Jon
Contributor
17 Posts
12 Kudos
Post 2 of 2

Re: Geometry no longer available

06-16-2011 08:37 AM in reply to: dingerjon

Hmmm.....haven't had any issues with that or subsequent versions.

Post to the Community

Have questions about Autodesk products? Ask the community.

New Post
Announcements
Are you interested in helping shape the future of the Autodesk Community? To participate in this brief usability study, please click here. Your time and input is greatly appreciated!