Inventor General Discussion

Contributor
LawrenceFHoughton
Message 1 of 4 (305 Views)
Accepted Solution

Geometric tolerances -Zero's,comma's and points

305 Views, 3 Replies
11-28-2012 03:18 PM

Glad I caught this error in Inventor 2013. 

See attached

Thank you for your posting. In reviewing the issue it looks to be related to the dimension style you are using. From my testing it looks like you were using a DIN standard which gives the result you posted in the document. If you use an ANSI dimension style using a point it is not reproducible. But the comma does exhibit the same results.

For the time being you will need to be aware of the dimension style you’re using. I will log this with development.

Once again thank you for bring this to our attention. 

Product Support
mercerc
Message 2 of 4 (252 Views)

Re: Geometric tolerances -Zero's,comma's and points

11-30-2012 05:46 AM in reply to: LawrenceFHoughton

Thank you for your posting. In reviewing the issue it looks to be related to the dimension style you are using. From my testing it looks like you were using a DIN standard which gives the result you posted in the document. If you use an ANSI dimension style using a point it is not reproducible. But the comma does exhibit the same results.

For the time being you will need to be aware of the dimension style you’re using. I will log this with development.

Once again thank you for bring this to our attention. 

Contributor
LawrenceFHoughton
Message 3 of 4 (235 Views)

11-30-2012 08:25 AM in reply to: mercerc

I was using ISO std.

Product Support
mercerc
Message 4 of 4 (232 Views)

11-30-2012 08:33 AM in reply to: LawrenceFHoughton

Different standard but the results are the same as DIN vs ANSI.

Post to the Community

Have questions about Autodesk products? Ask the community.

New Post
Announcements
Are You Going To Be @ AU 2014? Feel free to drop by our AU topic post and share your plans, plug a class that you're teaching, or simply check out who else from the community might be in attendance. Ohh and don't forgot to stop by the Autodesk Help | Learn | Collaborate booths in the Exhibit Hall and meet our community team if you get a chance!