Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

generating factory part for drawings

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
JimSteinmeyer
459 Views, 7 Replies

generating factory part for drawings

I have a C-channel that I bent and then created a i-part of so that I could place both a formed and flat view in the drawing. After creating the drawing it was determined that the channel needed to be longer. Not a problem, open the factory, edit the part, open table and verify, close table and activate both parts, save and close factory. It's all good, until I run a print  and the flat part (-02) of the factory still shows the old length. Next I open the factory, select table and both members and generate. The message " not able to save factory" appears. Any ideas as to what would cause this?

Thank you

Jim

Inventor Premium 2013 SP1.1
Vault 2013- plain vanilla version
HP G71 notebook
celeron cpu w\ 4gb RAM and 64 bit system
Win 7 home premium

Ya, my boss has me running my personal machine at work.
7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
rhasell
in reply to: JimSteinmeyer

Hi

Did you try re-generating the files ?

I have had a similar problem where iParts did not update the Drawing dimensions correctly,  A rebuild all fixed this.

Reg
Please Accept as a solution / Kudos
Message 3 of 8

Yes. I opened the factory, selected the table and all (both) members of the factory, and then RMB and Generate. That is when I obtained the "can not save factory" responce.

Thank you

Jim

HP G71 notebook
Win 7 home premium

Message 4 of 8
karthur1

Do you have the children checked out?

Message 5 of 8
JimSteinmeyer
in reply to: karthur1

Yes, in fact I haven't checked any of the assembly in yet.

Jim

HP G71 notebook
Win 7 home premium

Message 6 of 8
swalton

I usually create an "update" assembly for my iComponents.  I place each member of my iPart/iAssembly in it.  I use the update all button to force each member to update.

This assembly is also handy working with Vault because i can check-out all the members and update them at once.  I find that the "generate files" command is not very reliable if the members already exist on disk or in vault.

Steve Walton
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Inventor 2023
Vault Professional 2023
Message 7 of 8
JimSteinmeyer
in reply to: swalton

So you create a dummy assembly and place one instance of each factory part in it then simply use the update icon in the Manage tab? I will have to try that and see how it works for me. Does seem like a convoluted work-around to me though.

Jim

HP G71 notebook
Win 7 home premium

Message 8 of 8
karthur1

@JimSteinmeyer wrote:

So you create a dummy assembly and place one instance of each factory part in it ..

Thats what I do to keep all the children in sync.  When a change is made to the parent, just open the dummy iam, check everything out and hit the update button (if its lit).

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report