Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Generating CNC Cut Files

11 REPLIES 11
Message 1 of 12
jbozanin
820 Views, 11 Replies

Generating CNC Cut Files

Can Inventor write code for HAAS CNC machines

11 REPLIES 11
Message 2 of 12
blair
in reply to: jbozanin

Check here.: http://cam.autodesk.com/

The Forum includes topic on Post Processors and Haas is included in the posts

Inventor 2020, In-Cad, Simulation Mechanical

Just insert the picture rather than attaching it as a file
Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.
Delta Tau Chi ΔΤΧ

Message 3 of 12
BarryZA
in reply to: blair

HSM Express, it works really well in my inexperienced opinion. Now if it could only nest.

Message 4 of 12
jeff.walters
in reply to: jbozanin

Absolutely that’s one of the default posts included in the system. As always if you need some tweaks for you specific machine all you have to do is send them to cam.posts@autodesk.com.
Jeff Walters
Senior Support Engineer, CAM
Message 5 of 12
jeff.walters
in reply to: BarryZA

Nesting requests is something that has always puzzled me. Not the use of it but why is always up to the CAM system to do nesting? After all isn’t nesting nothing more than manipulating models in an assembly? Seems to me that’s a CAD function.
Jeff Walters
Senior Support Engineer, CAM
Message 6 of 12
blair
in reply to: jeff.walters

Generally nesting is done in a post process by specific software designed for this. For our NC plasma/burning table we use Radan and MTC/Thermadyne software for this.

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.
Delta Tau Chi ΔΤΧ

Message 7 of 12
LT.Rusty
in reply to: jeff.walters

@jeff.walters wrote:
Nesting requests is something that has always puzzled me. Not the use of it but why is always up to the CAM system to do nesting? After all isn’t nesting nothing more than manipulating models in an assembly? Seems to me that’s a CAD function.

Because nesting has almost zero use in anything other than CAM.  It would be a worthless feature in CAD.  Regardless, since HSM is integrated into Inventor (or SolidWorks), it would seem to be worthwhile to put into HSM.

Rusty

EESignature

Message 8 of 12
RobJV
in reply to: LT.Rusty

Well that all depends on how and where your part lists/cut lists are defined.  I have actually sent over pre nested dxf files over to the burn table.  They allow you to know how many sheets are needed before letting the CAM software figure that out for you.  Just playing devil's advocate...

Also depends on the user-friendliness of your burning sofware - I use ESAB columbus and it sucks in terms of non-standard gui and does not adhere to any logical windows command process.  I would much rather do everything in my CAD software.

Rob

Message 9 of 12
BarryZA
in reply to: RobJV

For what I do, the lack of nesting in HSM Express has rendered what could be a huge time-saver useless. Now I need to export DXF's, repair broken splines, import into CAM program....

Message 10 of 12
blair
in reply to: BarryZA

Not sure what to say, decent NC Toolpathing software with integrated nesting cost almost $10,000.00 for the software

Sent from my iPad

Delta Tau Chi ΔΤΧ

Message 11 of 12
mcgyvr

You can only expect so much in a FREE program..

HSMexpress is amazing for what it does do for free.

It has easily paid for itself here. Smiley Tongue 

Nesting is absolutely a CAM function but its one I'd expect to have to pay for.

And typically I see nesting used more for turret fabricator or laser type equipment vs cnc milling machines.. But I suppose its not at all out of the norm to want to nest in milling machines..  But far more common when you are starting with a sheet fed turret press/fabricator. 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Inventor 2023 - Dell Precision 5570

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept Solution button below.
Maybe buy me a beer through Venmo @mcgyvr1269
Message 12 of 12
LT.Rusty

@Blair wrote:
Not sure what to say, decent NC Toolpathing software with integrated nesting cost almost $10,000.00 for the software

Sent from my iPad

... and coincidentally, the price tag for HSM is $10,000.

@mcgyvr wrote:

You can only expect so much in a FREE program..

HSMexpress is amazing for what it does do for free.

It has easily paid for itself here. Smiley Tongue  

I wouldn't say it should necessarily be included in HSM Express, but it would be pretty handy to have for the full-up version.  Maybe a subscription add-on, like MeshEnabler.

Rusty

EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report