Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Generate data matrix in Inventor or Mechanical/CFD

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
s18963
434 Views, 1 Reply

Generate data matrix in Inventor or Mechanical/CFD

Hello, i have a problem. I need to find some information how to find or generate etc. data matrix in Inventor or Mechanical/CFD. 

Please let me explain about problem: for example we have heat source and heat reciever, and between this we put a steel tube. Then we check how the heat is changeing on the reciever. This information we need in data matrix to put it for example to program: "MathLab" etc. 

This is only a example of course but please give me information where i can get it in Inventor or Mechanical/CFD. 

Any halep is apperciated.

Thanks

A.S. student 

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2

I have a similar problem.

I am currently developping an Inventor model that consists in an Assembly (.iam file) with many parts (.ipt files) in it and some iLogic rules. The goal is to play arround with the "supression" (or "unsupression") of the parts (I´ll call it components from now on) and their positioning over a fixed-to-origin part, that is a plate, where the components are to be placed.

It would be very useful if I could store somehow a global variable (or a parameter, maybe), available at all times, that would be a matrix of 0s and 1s with the "postitions" that are occupied in the plate or not.

The closer that I have thought of, is to use a Multi-value Parameter as an Array for the positions, but it is only 1 dimensional, and I would really need to have a 2-dimensional array (or, as said before, matrix) to accomplish my task successfully.

Can anyone help me?

Thank you in advance

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report