Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

General Table

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
UpnorthSouth
736 Views, 7 Replies

General Table

I am not a regular user of the Inventor General Table. I can make and edit the table with no problems. I want to

eliminate the lines from one of the columns while leaving the lines in the remaining columns. I tried to set up the

column before inserting it but could not find the column format that would allow me to do that in the Style Editor.

Would anybody happen to know how to do this. I need to also remove the (read only) from the Style Editor.

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
Cadmanto
in reply to: UpnorthSouth

Can you post an image of what you are looking to do?  I know the capabilities of editing the tables are

somewhat limited.

Another thought would be to create the table in excel then use the insert object to bring it in.

This way when you go to edit it it will resort back to Excel.

As far as permissions to the styles editor, I was not aware that there were permissions for it.

Are you an admin to your  PC?

Best Regards,
Scott McFadden
(Colossians 3:23-25)

Message 3 of 8
mcgyvr
in reply to: Cadmanto

Do you work with Nick or something?

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Autodesk-Inventor/Hide-Cell-Borders-in-Table-driven-by-Excel/td-p/3463...

and no..It should be called the "Way to General Table" because its so very basic there is almost nothing "fancy" or even close to fancy you can do..

Use Excel and then select all the cells and copy in excel then "paste special" into Inventor.. Beware there are many limitations to that too.. Like you can only insert smaller tables or Inventor will just insert garbage.. (Its a microsoft issue..some OLE limitation)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Inventor 2023 - Dell Precision 5570

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept Solution button below.
Maybe buy me a beer through Venmo @mcgyvr1269
Message 4 of 8
jtylerbc

@Cadmanto wrote:

As far as permissions to the styles editor, I was not aware that there were permissions for it.

Are you an admin to your  PC?

You can set it as Read Only or Read/Write in a particular project file.  It's not really much of a security thing, since if you can modify the project file you can change it to read/write any time you want.  Seems to be more for just reducing accidental changes.

Message 5 of 8
Cadmanto
in reply to: jtylerbc

Thanks for the info.  Since I am an admin and ours is set to read/write (beforee I even started here) that is probably why I never knew it existed.

Best Regards,
Scott McFadden

Message 6 of 8
jtylerbc

I don't bother with it at my current company (all set to Read/Write), but at my former employer I had them all set to Read Only except for mine and one other person.  This was simply to reduce the possibility of people making unauthorized changes.

Wouldn't have been hard to get around if they knew what they were doing, but they didn't.  Which, of course, was why I didn't want them poking around in the library in the first place.  Kind of nice how that worked out.

Message 7 of 8
Cadmanto
in reply to: UpnorthSouth

I so hear ya!!!

Like I said I am an admin as well setting up the standards and templates and I am glad you brought this to my attention.

We are fairly new as a company with Inventor/vault so we might get to this point as well.

I am going to use this as the ace in the back pocket kind of thing.  Smiley Wink

Best Regards,
Scott McFadden

Message 8 of 8
gaitano
in reply to: mcgyvr

I was able to resolve my problem by copying from an Excel Table and using Paste Special (Linked) in Inventor

to insert the table. It did not solve dealing with the general table issue but I find it is very limited. The ReadOnly

problem I had with the Styles Editor was resolved by going into projects and resetting the ReadOnly to ReadWrite.

Thank You for taking time out to respond to my issues.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report