Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fully Constraining Sketch for Revolve.

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
Lonnie.Cady
384 Views, 3 Replies

Fully Constraining Sketch for Revolve.

Hello, I am new to Invnetor and come from a SW background.  I was just making a sketch to revolve and in SW I would have constrained it one of the planes.  I am not sure how to apply the final constraint in Inventor to fully constrain it.

inventor constraint.png

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
blair
in reply to: Lonnie.Cady

The only thing that is missing would be the dimesion to the origin unless you have the origin point at one of your line end points. I normally place my center rotation line at the 0,0,0 origin point and all thats needed to a simple construction line from the center point to an end point and a constraint to fix it.

Inventor 2020, In-Cad, Simulation Mechanical

Just insert the picture rather than attaching it as a file
Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.
Delta Tau Chi ΔΤΧ

Message 3 of 4
JDMather
in reply to: Lonnie.Cady

There is absolutely no difference between SolidWorks and Inventor in this respect. (well you do have to Project Geometry in Inventor, but I would simply used the auto-projected origin center point)  Add a vertical relation, err constraint, between vertical line on the right and the endpoint of your center line (or add a dimension if you want it offset.

Not sure why you would have any difficulty.

Attach your *.ipt file here.

Use the Origin whenever possible, just like SWx.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2019 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 Certified Professional
Certified SolidWorks Professional

Message 4 of 4
Lonnie.Cady
in reply to: JDMather

Thank you both. I did not realize I need to project the axis or planes into the sketch. Makes sense now.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report