Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Full and clean uninstall of Inventor 2012

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
GibranSanchez
376 Views, 4 Replies

Full and clean uninstall of Inventor 2012

Hi there:

I am a student and I've been using Inventor 2012 for a while, I have a real question to all the comunity. I just did a uninstall of Inventor 2012 and I manually removed the remaining files on my HD, nevertheless in my HD remains files of Inventor 2012, in this case the student licence. After the uninstall of Inventor I just re installed it again but my student licence is still somewhere on my HD, What can I do to perform a CLEAN and FULL uninstall of Inventor 2012?  Are some files that I'm missing?, are there some regedit values that I forgot?

Thank you for your time.

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
JDMather
in reply to: GibranSanchez

@GibranSanchez wrote:
.....  but my student licence is still somewhere on my HD....

If you are a student, why is that a problem?

If you are trying to switch to a commercial license - go to Help>About Autodesk Inventor>Product Information and click on Change Serial Number (or something like that - I don't have my student license install open right now to check the exact wording).

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2019 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 Certified Professional
Certified SolidWorks Professional

Message 3 of 5
GibranSanchez
in reply to: JDMather

Hi there, maybe I wasnt that clear, I will not use Inventor on my laptop never more, however there are in my SSD files of Inventor 2012, in this case the license and I don't know that else, I have a 64 GB SSD, that's why I need to perform a FULL and CLEAN uninstall, please help me.

Cheers

Message 4 of 5
dgorsman

The storage space required by a standalone license will be minimal to the point of not worth looking for.  You might want to check the location the installer unpacked itself to as well as the actual installer itself; both can be quite large.  A clean out of your Win temp folder should snag logs and similar files.

----------------------------------
If you are going to fly by the seat of your pants, expect friction burns.
"I don't know" is the beginning of knowledge, not the end.

Message 5 of 5
karthur1

See this article for how to do a clean uninstall of Inventor 2011-2013.

http://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/inventor-products/troubleshooting/caas/sfdcarticles/sfdcarticl...

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report