Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Friday Sheet Metal

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
delineryan
190 Views, 2 Replies

Friday Sheet Metal

Good Afternoon All,

My life right now is off-angle sheet metal as well as transitions, square to square, square to round, bolted, welded, you name I am trying to find a faster way to do it.

I created the attached assembly in about ten minutes. I saw a video from AU 2007 (ML301-1P) about thicken in sheet metal and it has cut hours from each design.

Keep in mind that I could probably send this to the shop and have it cut on the plasma cutter, rolled and welded very quickly.

This assembly is a concept of a fictional part, but the tools used for creating it can be used for so many advanced sheet metal shapes and connections. I challenge anyone that uses sheet metal tools every day to try this method for cutting across bends, it works really slick and fast.

I also added a dwf to the zip for people without IV2010.

Check it out and let me know what you think, I am always looking for new ideas,

Cheers,

Ryan
Please mark this response as "Accept as Solution" if it answers your question.
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
alewer
in reply to: delineryan

I like it! I've attached an example of how I'd skin this cat. It is a similar approach, but I think it is slightly less complex: All features are driven by a single sketch, and each part is nothing but a thicken.
Message 3 of 3
delineryan
in reply to: delineryan

Looks good!
Please mark this response as "Accept as Solution" if it answers your question.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report