Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Friday pictures 9-19-'14

9 REPLIES 9
Message 1 of 10
-niels-
706 Views, 9 Replies

Friday pictures 9-19-'14

Got to do a render for our brochure again:

POTJ_Bintrailer.jpg

Our harvester with bin trailer being loaded by a tractor (which i got from grabcad, so credits to whoever made that model).

Spoiler
I did cheat a bit with photoshop on the apples in the bin beneath the trailer, if you were that observant. 😉

Have a good weekend!

Niels van der Veer
Inventor professional user & 3DS Max enthusiast
Vault professional user/manager
The Netherlands

9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10
Doug_DuPont
in reply to: -niels-

Small Part of something I can't say.

Douglas DuPont
Inventor 2016 Pro, Vault 2016 Pro
Quadro M4000
Windows 10 64 Bit
Message 3 of 10
mcgyvr

I posted a pic last week of a house I was doing in Inventor to show off to my dad (architect)..

mpatchus mentioned "thats a revit project for sure" ... So.. I decided to download it and try to learn revit..

What I did in 6 hours in Revit took me 25 hours in Inventor and this is the first time I've ever used Revit..

Just a pic of the spiral stair/catwalk in the entrance "tower" of this house.. Revits rendering engine is AWESOME.. Still tons of work to do but I was amazed at how quickly you can model a house in Revit.. Great program.. 

Tower Stairs 4.JPG

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Inventor 2023 - Dell Precision 5570

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept Solution button below.
Maybe buy me a beer through Venmo @mcgyvr1269
Message 4 of 10
mpatchus
in reply to: mcgyvr

Revit is an amazing tool for sure, and relatively easy to get started with.

Explore it some more and you will find that it can do some really incredible things.

Mike Patchus - Lancaster SC

Inventor 2025 Beta

Alienware m17, Intel(R) Core(TM) i9-10980HK CPU @ 2.40GHz 3.10 GHz, Win 11, 64gb RAM, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 Super

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below. 🙂
Message 5 of 10
mcgyvr
in reply to: mpatchus

@mpatchus wrote:

Revit is an amazing tool for sure, and relatively easy to get started with.

Explore it some more and you will find that it can do some really incredible things.

oh yeah.. It is amazing.. I'm only a few hours in so far and can't wait to get back on it.. I dream about it at night too now 🙂 .. Dimensioning/constraining is really confusing for me though.. Its not at all like Inventor and just seems akward (just a totally different way of thinking).. but I guess thats just how that industry works.. Its quite different vs detailed mechanical dimensioning,etc..

But the ability to just download a RFA file from Pella Windows or whatever and drop it right in and be able to swap out a different series, turn on grills, drop in lights etc.. so easily is amazing. That spiral stair/railing took 20 seconds to model up.. 

I must admit.. I spent 10 minutes trying to figure out why a rendering I was doing of the basement just came out "black screen".. Then it finally clicked in my head that I was in the basement and there are no lights down there.. doh.. slaps head. 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Inventor 2023 - Dell Precision 5570

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept Solution button below.
Maybe buy me a beer through Venmo @mcgyvr1269
Message 6 of 10
Doug_DuPont
in reply to: Doug_DuPont

One Rendered in 3ds Max

Douglas DuPont
Inventor 2016 Pro, Vault 2016 Pro
Quadro M4000
Windows 10 64 Bit
Message 7 of 10
LT.Rusty

Couple of neat things this week.

First up is a prototype part for work that I cut on our CNC router.  It's ... uhh ... a widget, I guess.  Sort of.  It's cut from UHMW.  Modeled in Inventor, but toolpaths were done with MecSoft Visual Mill 2014 because it's a lot cheaper than Inventor HSM, and it shows.

The other thing is a set of signs that a friend asked me to make for his car club.  Those were modeled in Inventor 2015 and toolpaths were done with Inventor HSM.  Cutting was done on the router in my garage.  Material is white oak, formerly from a coffee table top (for the 2 on the left) and a TV tray (for the one on the right).  These have obviously been fully finished, that's not the way they came out of the router.  My friend did all that work himself.

2014-09-18 17.03.02.jpg

2014-09-18 17.36.35.jpg

Rusty

EESignature

Message 8 of 10
blair
in reply to: LT.Rusty

Doing brochure work here as well.HR-48SF-D.jpg

Inventor 2020, In-Cad, Simulation Mechanical

Just insert the picture rather than attaching it as a file
Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.
Delta Tau Chi ΔΤΧ

Message 9 of 10
cbenner
in reply to: blair
Message 10 of 10
blair
in reply to: cbenner

A closeup view:

HR-48SF-D1.jpg

Inventor 2020, In-Cad, Simulation Mechanical

Just insert the picture rather than attaching it as a file
Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.
Delta Tau Chi ΔΤΧ

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report