Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Friday Pictures 7-11-14

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
riff62
613 Views, 7 Replies

Friday Pictures 7-11-14

Oh wait...Nevermind...I STILL cant post my Linear Particle Accelerator stuff...lol..carry on...( A. I am using FireFox and cant get my attachments to show up, and 2. I don't have permission to post the aforementioned accelerator stuff. Yet. Ive been asking for 2 years...still hopeful...lol) Have a good day ya'll...
7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
-niels-
in reply to: riff62

LoL, nice way to start the friday pictures Riff 😄

I was planning to do that myself in about an hour, but since you started with nothing to show....

let's add a picture:

Kistengeleider.jpg

(cutout in showcase looks a bit weird, but was needed to show the bin-guiding system below...)

Going to add a bonus picture, since i was studying how to make lightsources in showcase:

Spoiler
Light_study.jpg

Hope you get permission to show something sometime, still sounds like interesting stuff. 😉

Niels van der Veer
Inventor professional user & 3DS Max enthusiast
Vault professional user/manager
The Netherlands

Message 3 of 8
mpatchus
in reply to: riff62

Okay here's a little simple personal project I just completed.

A set of cornhole boards for my daughter and son-in-law.

She's always been a fan of Hello Kitty, so her board was easy enough.

My son-in-law is a chef who plays a mean guitar, so what better than the Muppet's Swedish Chef holding a Fender Strat!!

For those of you who have never heard of this game (it is fairly regional I believe), here's the link for the American Cornhole Association LINK.

Board Comparison.JPG

Mike Patchus - Lancaster SC

Inventor 2025 Beta

Alienware m17, Intel(R) Core(TM) i9-10980HK CPU @ 2.40GHz 3.10 GHz, Win 11, 64gb RAM, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 Super

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below. 🙂
Message 4 of 8
riff62
in reply to: -niels-

Thanks for rescuing my pic less thread..lol Is that a box pallet catapult?....hehe Yeah, high energy physics is pretty interesting stuff..its pretty ironic that I am working on this stuff considering I dropped out of highschool in 10th grade, hated school, and particularly Science..lol...Now, 35 yrs later, I work at an Ivy League University, design accelerator stuff, and am back in school working on an Engineering degree...Whodathunkit?..lol
Message 5 of 8
-niels-
in reply to: mpatchus

Fun game, but i want details on the images!

The backgrounds are the same, the print on the boxes are almost... Smiley Surprised

Exactly what was rendered with inventor, seems like mostly decal work to me...

@riff62 Heh, nice careertrack 🙂

Maybe you can post a personal project sometime, just like mpatchus did...

oh, and it's not a catapult. 😄  it works in the other direction, putting a pallet to the ground in a controlled way.

Niels van der Veer
The Netherlands

Message 6 of 8
mpatchus

@-niels- wrote:

Fun game, but i want details on the images!

The backgrounds are the same, the print on the boxes are almost... Smiley Surprised

Exactly what was rendered with inventor, seems like mostly decal work to me...

I used the photo of the finished boards for the background of the Inventor render, with the modeled boards positioned to cover the actual boards in the photo.

I used decals on the inventor models, but the actual boards are hand painted with 5 coats of clear polyurethane on top.

Unpainted Board.JPG

Final Boards.jpg

Chef in progress.JPG

Hello Kitty.JPG

Mike Patchus - Lancaster SC

Inventor 2025 Beta

Alienware m17, Intel(R) Core(TM) i9-10980HK CPU @ 2.40GHz 3.10 GHz, Win 11, 64gb RAM, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 Super

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below. 🙂
Message 7 of 8
riff62

Will have to see if I can dig out some stuff from before I came here...I
was in biotech for 12 yrs designing drug manufacturing processes...some of
it is proprietary, so, not sure ...
Message 8 of 8
-niels-
in reply to: mpatchus

Nice, had a feeling it had to be something like that... not a "before/after" but "after/after" picture.
You got me in doubt, so good job 😄
Love the progress pictures too.

Niels van der Veer
The Netherlands

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report