Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Friday Pictures! 4-4-14

29 REPLIES 29
SOLVED
Message 1 of 30
mrattray
1934 Views, 29 Replies

Friday Pictures! 4-4-14

Where's the Friday Pictures thread? I'll start one, even though my renderings are never very exciting.

PM-5XX-QC.png

Mike (not Matt) Rattray

29 REPLIES 29
Message 2 of 30
mcgyvr
in reply to: mrattray

A rendering using Inv 2014..  ha ha ha ha.. white speckles struck againSpeckles.jpg

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Inventor 2023 - Dell Precision 5570

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept Solution button below.
Maybe buy me a beer through Venmo @mcgyvr1269
Message 3 of 30
jletcher
in reply to: mcgyvr

3D print nice I found the bunny

3D.JPG

Message 4 of 30
mrattray

I can't see the sailboat!
Mike (not Matt) Rattray

Message 5 of 30
mcgyvr

@mrattray wrote:

You will have to wait till 2015 for that. :0

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Inventor 2023 - Dell Precision 5570

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept Solution button below.
Maybe buy me a beer through Venmo @mcgyvr1269
Message 6 of 30
GSE_Dan_A

You left the TV on the fuzz again....

GSE Consultants Inc.
Windsor, ON. Canada
Message 7 of 30
Curtis_Waguespack

Step back from your screen and you'll be able to read the hidden message. Smiley Wink

Autodesk Inventor Friday Speckles.png

Message 8 of 30

@Curtis_Waguespack wrote:

Step back from your screen and you'll be able to read the hidden message. Smiley Wink

I like it.

Smiley Very Happy

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2019 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 Certified Professional
Certified SolidWorks Professional

The CADWhisperer YouTube Channel

EESignature

Message 9 of 30

@Curtis_Waguespack wrote:

Autodesk Inventor Friday Speckles.png

"Drink more Ovaltine."

KState92
Inventor Professional 2020
AutoCAD Mechanical 2022.0.1
Windows 10 Pro 64 bit - 1903
Core i7-8700 32 GB Ram
Quadro P2000
Message 10 of 30

kstate92 wrote:

"Drink more Ovaltine."

I think you stepped back too far from your screen and tripped over one of the bumpus hounds. Smiley Very Happy

Message 11 of 30

Congrats you win the internet today!!Smiley Very Happy

GSE Consultants Inc.
Windsor, ON. Canada
Message 12 of 30
ChrisMitchell01
in reply to: GSE_Dan_A

In a vain attempt to regain some credability for Autodesk rendering, here's a couple of images that we worked on recently.

Models courtesy of Mastenbroek in the UK. This is Inventor data taken to A360 & then rendered from there using RAAS.

I know, I'm probably asking for it, but it's Friday.... Smiley Happy

-Chris

Chris Mitchell
PDMS Customer Engagment Team
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 13 of 30

That's looking very impressive, Chris.

😉 Nice to see a bright environment, not the dark stuff as in most cases.

How about filesizes, number of parts, and rendering time?

Walter

Walter Holzwarth

EESignature

Message 14 of 30
-niels-
in reply to: ChrisMitchell01

Nice to see an employee partaking in a Friday pictures thread.
I don't think Autodesk rendering lost any credibility, just inventor's... you have multiple software that turns out pretty pictures. 😉
Btw, what is RAAS?

Niels van der Veer
Inventor professional user & 3DS Max enthusiast
Vault professional user/manager
The Netherlands

Message 15 of 30
LT.Rusty

@mrattray wrote:

It's not a sailboat, it's a schooner.

Here's a couple things I did recently.  Well, couple weeks ago anyway, but I haven't posted them here yet.

This is a replacement gear for my cat's automatic litterbox.  It's a single reduction system, with the outside teeth being the first reduction gear and the inside teeth being the pinion to drive the bull gear.  The manufacturer decided that it would be a good idea to have the pinion on the motor be made of metal, and the reduction gear be made of - I think - ABS, in a high grit environment.  Then they decided that they weren't going to sell replacement gears.

The original one is on the left, my copy is on the right.  It's made of UHMW and I had the feed rates set a little high, so ... there's some fuzzies.  (Yes there's teeth missing: UHMW is expensive, and I didn't want to spend any of my good stuff until I knew the design was going to work.  This was a scrap of a spoil board from someone that didn't mind throwing money away.  Robot LOL)  I'm going to re-cut this in a few minutes from a much nicer piece of material.

Rusty

EESignature

Message 16 of 30
jeanchile
in reply to: LT.Rusty

Here's a quick render of a billboard I did recently. I used Showcase to put this out in less than 7 minutes. That's right Autodesk! I USED SHOWCASE!!!

(Is that the kind of comment you were looking for Chris?Smiley Wink)

Inventor Professional
Message 17 of 30
ChrisMitchell01
in reply to: jeanchile

Nice billboard Jean - Yes, good to see Showcase being put to effective use...

Walter, Niels - This assembly has 2,045 unique files, with 10,599 components, combined files constitute 747 MB on disk. We were doing some experimentation with the Autodesk 360 Render as a Service (RAAS) - see http://rendering.360.autodesk.com/step1.aspx. Note that currently it doesn't support native Inventor data, so we first opened the Inventor assembly in Fusion360; this took about 20minutes for upload/conversion. Then we used RAAS from there, after changing some of the appearances so that they had a "glossier" paint effect. I believe that each image took about 10 minutes to render.

Regarding doing similar in Inventor, attached is a screenshot (not image export), I just took from Inventor 2015, (using a newer iteration of the model). This was ray-traced using the Salt Bed IBL environment, without displaying the background image or ground shadows. I also changed the colour of the lighting subtly, so that it was more like sunset, (as it was a gorgeous day here in Oregon, for a change Smiley Happy)

This was in "Good" mode & took about 12minutes to render on a HPZ600, dual Xeon 2.53GHZ CPU with nvidia Quadro FX4800 graphics card. The max RAM used was about 11GB. The white highlight on the cab glass could likely be improved by changing the light position a bit more or using best; I've left it running on "Best" mode to see what I get...

-Chris

Chris Mitchell
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 18 of 30
LT.Rusty

I think you missed a bolt on the tertiary quad-coupler from the backup effluvium damper, Chris.

And there's not enough scratches and nicks on it.  

(that glass is just beautiful, though!)

Rusty

EESignature

Message 19 of 30
-niels-

Really nice, seems like raytracing is "back to normal" in 2015.
Nice file count on the machine as well... now you're making me want to see a showcase version of it 😉
(purely for comparison ofcourse 😄 )

Niels van der Veer
Inventor professional user & 3DS Max enthusiast
Vault professional user/manager
The Netherlands

Message 20 of 30
ChrisMitchell01
in reply to: -niels-

Here's a screenshot of the same in best mode. You can see that some of the shadows are a bit more subtle. This rendered for 4,220seconds.

I agree it would be nice to see this in Showcase, but I currently "only" have PrDS Ultimate 2015 installed... Smiley Wink

-Chris

Chris Mitchell
Autodesk, Inc.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report