Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Friday pictures 28 feb 2014

24 REPLIES 24
Message 1 of 25
-niels-
836 Views, 24 Replies

Friday pictures 28 feb 2014

Hi guys, had a bit of time to spare so decided to do a little render for fun.

Showcase is pretty nice for this.

Appelemmer.jpg

Niels van der Veer
Inventor professional user & 3DS Max enthusiast
Vault professional user/manager
The Netherlands

24 REPLIES 24
Message 3 of 25
xSmiffyx
in reply to: cbenner

Wow you guys did those just for FUN..

Impressive 🙂
"Please Mark "accepted as solution" if this solved your question and give KUDOS"
Message 4 of 25
dgorsman

Gah!  Tubing!  Smiley Frustrated

----------------------------------
If you are going to fly by the seat of your pants, expect friction burns.
"I don't know" is the beginning of knowledge, not the end.

Message 5 of 25
mdavis22569
in reply to: dgorsman

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.

---------
Mike Davis

EESignature

Message 7 of 25
blair

I love tube and hate ridged pipe. I still can't attached pictures from work with this new forum

Inventor 2020, In-Cad, Simulation Mechanical

Just insert the picture rather than attaching it as a file
Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.
Delta Tau Chi ΔΤΧ

Message 8 of 25
mcgyvr
in reply to: blair

Niels.. this post just made me load Showcase... And I can't thank you enough.. Autodesk really screwed up rendering (raytracing) in 2014.. Its an absolute cluster in Inventor.. 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Inventor 2023 - Dell Precision 5570

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept Solution button below.
Maybe buy me a beer through Venmo @mcgyvr1269
Message 9 of 25
mrattray
in reply to: mcgyvr

A quick render of my current project from Inventor studio:

MAGNETIC ROTARY FEEDER.png

Mike (not Matt) Rattray

Message 10 of 25
mcgyvr
in reply to: mrattray

After playing around with Showcase for a few minutes..

Trimm GMT_BRKR.PNG

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept Solution button below.
Message 11 of 25
blair

Showcase is pretty sweet in how quickly you can turn our a nice render.

Delta Tau Chi ΔΤΧ

Message 12 of 25
mcgyvr
in reply to: blair

@Anonymous wrote:
Showcase is pretty sweet in how quickly you can turn our a nice render.

Yes it is..

I can actually say "Autodesk...Thanks for breaking raytracing in Inventor this year".. I would have never attempted Showcase if Inventor was working like it was before 2014.. 

Message 13 of 25
mrattray

Message 14 of 25
Anonymous
in reply to: -niels-

Machine Platform

Message 15 of 25
Anonymous

I did this render in playing around in 3DS Max Design.

Image 2 small.png

No fancy backgrounds yet, but learning 3DS Max Design was pretty fun...

Message 16 of 25
Anonymous

If I'm honest, this is from last year, but it's one of my favorite renders.  This is a set of aftermarket "Big Brakes" I designed for a client that fit the Polaris RZR.  Uses Mazda Miata rear brake pads so there are a zillion choices.  Another great product that got prototyped and then died - sigh.

render14_colorized.png

Message 17 of 25
-niels-
in reply to: Anonymous

Nice to see that starting a pictures topic still makes others show off their work, pretty sweet images people!

Glad you're liking showcase as well Mcgyvr, except for sometimes being unable to import inventor files (without using workarounds) it's very nice software.

Niels van der Veer
Inventor professional user & 3DS Max enthusiast
Vault professional user/manager
The Netherlands

Message 18 of 25
blair

Here's a different one. This starts in Inventor, then goes into Sim-Mech for some FEA and then going into Showcase to complete the image. Or I can use the Orbit function within Showcase to generate an AVI fly-around.Assembly7_FEA.jpg

Delta Tau Chi ΔΤΧ

Message 19 of 25
riff62

Sigh....someday I will get around to posting a render of that linear accelerator...and Showcase?..whats that?..do I need to know how to use it?. Wait a sec...Is this like another part of Inventor to learn? Ive still got to learn plain old Inventor, Tube and Pipe, Cable and Harness, Sheet Metal, I logic, Iparts, Material styles, Content Center, VBA, VB.Net, Simulation, Machining,point clouds, cloud collaboration, cloud storage, Vault, Import from AutoCAD, Export to DXF, converting Mech Desktop files, drawing creation, whats new for this year, why do I need or want BIM, 3d Printing, what to do with 6000 hand drawn sketches, Parts Library creation, Design Accelerators,...AARRRRGGHH!!!!!!... * Disclaimer - No stupid users were harmed in the creation of this post.
Message 20 of 25
blair
in reply to: riff62

Showcase is a separate rendering software. If you purchased the Production Design Suite, it ships with it along with some other software. It has some pre-set environments and great material appearances that allows a user to knock-out some nice renders in short order.

Delta Tau Chi ΔΤΧ

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report