Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Frequency/Modal Analysis?

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
1441 Views, 3 Replies

Frequency/Modal Analysis?

I am working on figuring out displacements due to frequencies.  I have been told before that the displacement values generated in modal analysis are not the actual displacements and are meaningless... so what is the purpose of having a modal analysis when no analysis is actually run.  All that is given are modal frequencies aparently.  

Is there an actual way to run frequency analysis at specific frequencies in inventor?

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Jimmy_Yuan|Autodesk
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi,

You are right the displacement value from modal analysis is meaningless.

The purpose of modal analysis is to get the natural frenquencies and mode shape.

At present, Inventor Stress Analysis cannot  support frequency analysis as you require. Maybe you can turn to Autodesk Algor Simulation for a solution.

I've raised your requirement into our internal tracking system as new function candidate. Thanks

Regards,

-Jimmy

Autodesk Simulation QA Engineer

Jimmy Yuan
Message 3 of 4

Jimmy, is your previous statement still true for Inventor 2012?

Message 4 of 4
JDMather
in reply to: TheNeek

2012 still shows displacement values and units.

Why it is so difficult for Autodesk to remove at least the units - I have no clue.

I haven't checked 2013 yet, maybe they figured it out.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2019 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 Certified Professional
Certified SolidWorks Professional

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report