Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Freezing for a brief second

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
AnthonyPaul2010
314 Views, 4 Replies

Freezing for a brief second

I have just upgraded to 2012 and I get a brief (and very anoying) freeze when I enter a command such as line.

It only appears to happen when dynamic input is on or while I am in ortho mode. It seems to freeze while computing the coordinates for displaying. I have looked up the help files on direct entry thinking it might be linked to that but that didn't find any solution.

Any help would be very much appreciated.

Anthony Paul (from Cairns, North Queensland, Australia)

Product Design Suite
Inventor Premium 2012 - SP1 Installed
HP 8760w I7-740M Laptop
Windows 7 Professional 64
12 Gb DDR SDRAM
AMD FirePro M5950 Graphics Card
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
JVPVH
in reply to: AnthonyPaul2010

We are dealing with the exactly same problem right now. We have bought two identical computers and only one of them is having freezing troubles mentioned above. Another one is running wthout any troubles. We have tried to install ACAD 2011 or 2012, but problem is still persisting. It would be really nice to have an answer to it.

Radim Vitek (EU, Czech Republic)

HP Elite 7100 Microitower PC

8 GB RAM

Intel Core i7 CPU 2.93 GHz

NVIDIA GeForce GT 230

WIN 7 64-bit

Tags (1)
Message 3 of 5
JDMather
in reply to: JVPVH

If you are running a 3D Connexion device - open the control panel and Calibrate daily.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2019 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 Certified Professional
Certified SolidWorks Professional

The CADWhisperer YouTube Channel

EESignature

Message 4 of 5
JVPVH
in reply to: JDMather

Sorry, but we don´t run any 3D Connection device. So, I think it´s not a cause...

Message 5 of 5
JVPVH
in reply to: JVPVH

Finally, I have solved the problem - ACAD 2012 was in collision with HP ProtectTools Security Manager. So, unistall this program and freezing should disappear.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report