Inventor General Discussion

Inventor General Discussion

Valued Contributor kbo
Valued Contributor
kbo
Message 1 of 3 (130 Views)

Framegenerator Error. Useless - powerfull framegenerator tool.

130 Views, 2 Replies
10-24-2013 12:20 PM

Autodesk please look into this framegenarator tool. It does not work.

se attached document.

regards Kent boettger

*Expert Elite*
jtylerbc
Message 2 of 3 (101 Views)

Re: Framegenerator Error. Useless - powerfull framegenerator tool.

10-24-2013 12:59 PM in reply to: kbo

I'm not sure I understand the weight problem.  Your PDF shows that the physical properties need to be updated for that assembly.  If you click the Update button on the dialog box you show in your screenshot, do you not get a weight?

If so, is this a 2014-specific bug?  I'm on 2013, just checked one of my assemblies and I can get the weight from it with no problems.

John Tyler
Inventor 2015
Windows 7 64 Bit
Distinguished Mentor
pcrawley
Message 3 of 3 (98 Views)

Re: Framegenerator Error. Useless - powerfull framegenerator tool.

10-24-2013 01:09 PM in reply to: kbo

I've read the PDF too, and everything in it is wrong.

As far as I can see, you say an assembly containing an FG subassembly doesn't have a mass.  See your first screen shot.  Press "Update" in the Physical tab of the iProperties dialog box and just like any other assembly, it'll give you the mass.

Your next statement about replacing the part template looks more like your mis-understanding of FG rather than any bug.  Put the original part template back in the CC family member, create a new FG assembly, then just add ITEM QTY to your BOM.  For FG parts in a BOM, use QTY for individual cut length and ITEM QTY for the count of identical members.

Suggest you get some training, and next time you are tempted to post anything, ask a question - don't make a statement.  If you make statements like this and you are wrong, it does not do your credibility any good at all.

Peter
Post to the Community

Have questions about Autodesk products? Ask the community.

New Post
Announcements
Are You Going To Be @ AU 2014? Feel free to drop by our AU topic post and share your plans, plug a class that you're teaching, or simply check out who else from the community might be in attendance. Ohh and don't forgot to stop by the Autodesk Help | Learn | Collaborate booths in the Exhibit Hall and meet our community team if you get a chance!