Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Frame Generator

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
Anonymous
532 Views, 5 Replies

Frame Generator

Hi,

I am new to using Frame Generator....i attach picture of frame and welded joins.....I have also attached my attempt at a frame..

In the picture the frame is welded together......please how do i add the welds to my Frame so it looks identical to the picture

Thank you

Paul

INV2013

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
JDMather
in reply to: Anonymous

You could add a Groove Weld to fill the gap.

Groove Weld.png

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2019 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 Certified Professional
Certified SolidWorks Professional

Message 3 of 6
Anonymous

OK,,,thank you

Is it also possible to do the Weld like in the picture attached

Is the Weld feature easy to learn....never attempted before

Thank you

Paul

Message 4 of 6
Anonymous

Most welds will show the welding beads, depending on the options selected, such as grind flush, etc. If it is ground flush it will then appear as flat metal. It's not that difficult to learn, just takes patience to first figure out all the settings. You can at the same time create your welding symbol for display on the drawing.

A quick one to show appearance:

weld.PNG

Message 5 of 6
Anonymous

Thank you

In my model will the weld fill the gap between the base frame and the legs....I am going to read up on how to perform the weld techniques

Thanks

Paul

Message 6 of 6
Anonymous

paul,

This is typically how I do HSS welds in Inventor.  As JD mentioned, a Groove weld works the best.

To accomplish this select the end face of the one HSS tube.  Then select the radius of the intersecting tube. Finally be sure to select Radial Fill. 

Hope this helps.welds HSS.jpg

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report