Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Frame Generator

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
curvyrace
202 Views, 1 Reply

Frame Generator

I'm trying Frame Generator one last time to design the custom frames we build for our equipment. I've always had problems with getting FG to generate the right part numbers and file names. I have the part numbers figured out, but does Frame Generator still not have a good way to automatically create unique file names for frame members? If no one can get it to automatically generate unique file names, how do you manage all of the duplicate file names generated over time?

Thanks!

J Miller

IV 2012 Product Design Suite x64, SP1

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
cbenner
in reply to: curvyrace

There is still no way to "automatically" generate unique filenames, but as you are placing frame members, you have the option of renaming them there.  What I do is prefix the default name with my project number.  That way they are unique, and if I reuse a frame via Copy Design, it is that much easier to use Find & Replace to change the filenames for the new project.  It's more work up front, but in my humble opinion, it is far outweighed by the benefits of using Frame Generator over conventional constraints for frame design.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report