Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

frame generator won't load

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
jaredwiens
1355 Views, 6 Replies

frame generator won't load

hi,

i made a custom content center library. now, when i select 'insert frame' the 'waiting for content center...' dialogue comes up for several minutes.

i tried only loading the custom libary, but it is still slow.

i tried making a new custom library using 'save copy as' instead of 'copy to' and it is still slow.

any suggestions?

i'm using inventor 2013, sp2 update 4, build 200.

thanks

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
pcrawley
in reply to: jaredwiens

Check your project settings (bottom-right corner of "Projects" there's Configure Content libraries.)

Uncheck everything except your own custom library and try your speed test again.

Peter
Message 3 of 7
jaredwiens
in reply to: pcrawley

Yes, I have tried that already. It has no impact on the duration of that dialogue box...

Sent from an iPhone
Message 4 of 7
cbenner

@jaredwiens wrote:
Yes, I have tried that already. It has no impact on the duration of that dialogue box...

Sent from an iPhone

Post your system specs?  Is this only happening with this custom library or do you have trouble with all content center parts?

Message 5 of 7
jaredwiens
in reply to: cbenner

hi, this is resolved now. the issue was a corrupt material library, which caused the content center and frame generator functions to work very slowly.

now i need to figure out why my material library is getting corrupted from time to time...

thanks!

Message 6 of 7
glitchwizard

So how do you fix a corrupt material library?
Message 7 of 7
jaredwiens
in reply to: glitchwizard

I reverted back to an older version of my material library which fixed the content center problem, however, I haven't been able out how to completely fix the library because if I try to add more than 5 or so materials at a time it corrupts itself and I have to revert back to a backup. It seems to be connected to a sheet metal rule ??? but I don't know. Does anyone else have this problem?

Sent from an iPhone

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums