Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Frame generator update

10 REPLIES 10
SOLVED
Message 1 of 11
lis_wang
982 Views, 10 Replies

Frame generator update

When I move the skeleton of the frame in a assembly, the frame does not move with the skeleton. How can I make the frame move together with the skeleton?

Thanks

10 REPLIES 10
Message 2 of 11
admaiora
in reply to: lis_wang

Hi Lis,

have you tried Manage>Rebuild All ?

Admaiora
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

Message 3 of 11
lis_wang
in reply to: admaiora

Where is "rebuild all"?

Message 4 of 11
blair

Look for the "Lightening Bolt" along the very top of the menu bar. It's a drop-down with Rebuild and Rebuild-All options

Inventor 2020, In-Cad, Simulation Mechanical

Just insert the picture rather than attaching it as a file
Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.
Delta Tau Chi ΔΤΧ

Message 5 of 11
lis_wang
in reply to: blair

Could you please print screen yours? I cannot find in mine. Thanks

Message 6 of 11
blair

If the model requires updating, the "Bolt" will be highlighted.

Capture1.JPG

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.
Delta Tau Chi ΔΤΧ

Message 7 of 11
lis_wang

Oh, I did that quite often. That is called local update and Gobal update. I did that has no effect. What I did is I edit the size of skeleton, then the frame can update the position. I felt it is troublesome as I have to change back the skeleton size after frame move to the new position with the skeleton.

Message 8 of 11
blair

Your primary sketch within the F-G should be grounded. You shouldn't be able to "move" the sketch. You should be able to change the dimensions (parameter's) but some point of the sketch should be grounded.

What you are describing sounds like a ungrounded sketch, if you can move it around. The IAM file that contains the sketch and F-G members should be able to move around in the upper level IAM until you constrain it.

Delta Tau Chi ΔΤΧ

Message 9 of 11
lis_wang

What I did is I created a skeleton part and then place it in the assembly. Then I create frame. After that I constrain the skeleton part in the assembly, the skeleton part move but the frame does not move.

Message 10 of 11
blair

Create a IAM, place your Skeleton Part with your sketch in that IAM file and then use the F-G for place your members. Treat this as a sub-assembly within your parent IAM file. This will produce a more robust and solid model. The sub-assembly IAM file will move together.

Delta Tau Chi ΔΤΧ

Message 11 of 11
lis_wang

This method is better.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report