Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Frame Generator problems causing major issues.

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
ajcraig99
447 Views, 7 Replies

Frame Generator problems causing major issues.

I did a search and the only reference to my problem is from 2007, seems this issue was never fixed or has just returned.

Random frame gen parts will rotate on their own after an unrelated edit or updating the assembly. "Editing with frame generator" and changing the rotation fixes the problem temporarally untill the model is updated again, the parts will then rotate around to a seemingly random value.

The problem is not isolated to one assembly or one user.

framegen_1.JPGSee attached image showing 0deg rotation, it was originally inserted with these values but was not in this position. If i edit the rotation to 180deg it will put it back where it should be framegen_2.JPG then i hit "rebuild all"

It flips back, and another member also flips.

Notice it hasnt gone back to 0deg in the frame gen dialog box. framegen_3.JPG

framegen_4.JPG

Inventor Pro x64 2014 SP2

Whole assembly is checked out to me from Vault 2014

All files are on my local drive.

Using "align" doesnt help.

restarting inventor has no effect, deleting and re-inserting the members fixes the issue for a few days but then returns.

PC:

i7 3820

64GB DDR3 RAM

ASUS Sabertooth Pro MB

SAMSUNG 840 pro SSD

NVIDIA K2000D

Cant start again as i am 500hrs into this dang project.

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
ajcraig99
in reply to: ajcraig99

Can an Autodesk rep escalate this to a support claim please. ASAP

Message 3 of 8
cbenner

Are there any other outside factors, such as assembly constraints, that may be working against these parts?  Is the sketch being modified?  Can you post a small dummy assembly here that exhibits this behavior so we can take a peek?

Message 4 of 8
ajcraig99
in reply to: cbenner

Hi Chris,

Sorry for the delayed reply, didnt work over the weekend 🙂

I am having trouble replicating the issue in a dummy assembly.

All constraints and added compnants were deleted as soon as we started troubleshooting, all that remains is the wireframe, and the frame gen 'frame' within a .iam

Nothing is being modified on the sketch when the members flip, just updating the model is enough to freak it out.

have sent the assembly to our reseller tech support and will post back if anything comes of it.

Cheers.

Message 5 of 8
johnsonshiue

Hi! Without user's explicit input, FG cannot guarantee the orientation of the members when the skeletal sketch undergoes significant change. You might need to use Align option in the Insert/Edit FG dialog to ensure each member has proper orientation relative to a reference of choice. Please try Align option and see if it works better.

Thanks!

Johnson Shiue (johnson.shiue@autodesk.com)
Software Test Engineer
Message 6 of 8
ajcraig99
in reply to: johnsonshiue

All members are aligned, re-aligning fixes the issue temporally but will only return when the .iam is opened next.
Message 7 of 8
johnsonshiue

Hi! For alignment reference, did you pick a stationary plane (grounded workplane or origin plane)? If the reference is not stationary, it can lead to change in alignment. Could you post an example exhibiting the behavior here or send it to me directly (johnson.shiue@autodesk.com)? I would like to understand the behavior better.

Many thanks!

Johnson Shiue (johnson.shiue@autodesk.com)
Software Test Engineer
Message 8 of 8
ajcraig99
in reply to: johnsonshiue

Sorry for the delayed reply, was busy on other projects.

Still having this issue, Members have been aligned to fixed componants.

have emailed you a link to the pack n go of the effected assebmly

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report