Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Frame Generator Problem

23 REPLIES 23
Message 1 of 24
tyler.chidester
5044 Views, 23 Replies

Frame Generator Problem

Hello,

When I try to open the Frame Generator Feature in Autodesk Inventor 2013, the dialog box does not appear and I am unable to create or edit frame members. This was not an issue in the 2012 version that I had installed. Does anyone have an idea what the problem is? Thanks!

-Tyler

23 REPLIES 23
Message 21 of 24
andrecok
in reply to: crmayo

hallo folks! in inventor Pro 2016 (up to date) the frame-generator-window does not appear any more. tried to unload the add-in, restart IV and load it again, restart: no effect. cannot change an existing frame too. if i try this, only the part i try to change is getting marked, no frame-generator-window appears. lost my nervs a little bit ... any ideas?? thanks in advance for any try to help. andreas
Message 22 of 24
TheCADWhisperer
in reply to: andrecok

Could it be off of the screen?

Have you been using two monitors and now only using one?

Message 23 of 24
andrecok
in reply to: TheCADWhisperer

Thank you, the problem was similar to that, a little bit more tricky.
i normally use 3 monitors.
i tried to work with the frame generator on ONE monitor. i had the suspicion that it was off desktop.
i tried it with a second monitor, without success.

now i got back to my 3-monitor environment, and: bingo, there it was again. lost some hours.

very boring, cause i don't know what to do, if i have no access to the 3-monitor-system ...?
an additional, similar effect i have in inventor: the window with the error-massages of 'update-component' hides behind the main screen. feels like inventor hangs, only with try and error you come to an end.

andreas

Message 24 of 24
TheCADWhisperer
in reply to: andrecok

@andrecok wrote:

Thank you, the problem was similar to that, a little bit more tricky.

Did you see this thread?

https://forums.autodesk.com/t5/inventor-forum/dual-monitor-issues/m-p/2646647/highlight/true#M368835

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report