Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Frame Generator part lableing

1 REPLY 1
SOLVED
Message 1 of 2
jmenier
227 Views, 1 Reply

Frame Generator part lableing

When creating a idw from an assembly created from a frame generator, when I go to ballon lable the parts all of the items are labled with the same number even though the parts are of diffent size and lenght. Basically I would like to have Inventor group all parts that are identical in size and length, as one part number. This I believe can be solved through the BOM menu, however I am quite unskilled and I complely underutilize the BOM menues and capabilities.

The really bizzar part is that on some of my drawings this is how the BOM gets structured and on some it does not. I dont even know where the option to turn on/off this naming criteria is. Today just happens to be one of the days that everything is labled the same. My first attached image is what I am refering to, and the second is what I would like to happen all the time where each part in the frame is labled differently (except parts that are identical in size and length).

Thanks,

Josh M

BTW I have Inventor Pro 2015

Construction Engineer
1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
jmenier
in reply to: jmenier

Figured it out.

First, ungrouped everything using the row merge button, then changed the part name to =<Stock Number> x <G_L>, draged it down like in excel to change all the items in the list. Then remerged everything.

Construction Engineer

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report