Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Frame Generator Miter Question / Suggestion

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
SteveFrey
265 Views, 2 Replies

Frame Generator Miter Question / Suggestion

I am trying to apply a miter to two frame generator members but there's a catch.  I want one member to have a typical 45° miter and the other member to have a 45° miter through only part of the member.  Is this possible?  I've attached a detail of what I'm trying to accomplish.

As was simplified for me by another user, I don't want to include the top flange in the miter.

Steve Frey
Inventor 2021
Windows 10 Professional 64-bit
HP ZBook 17 G6
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i9-9880H CPU @ 2.30GHz
Memory: 80 GB
NVIDIA Quadro RTX5000
3D Connexion SpaceMouse Wireless
Labels (1)
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
cbenner
in reply to: SteveFrey
Message 3 of 3
Cadmanto
in reply to: SteveFrey

Sounds like you want to do a custom mitre.  If that is the case what you get with the mitre tool in FG is what it is.

If you want something outside of that, you will have to create either a custom cut in the assembly ot modify the individual members to show th mitre cut you need.

Chris,

I am suspecting he changed the status of the post to "New" probably because he did not get any reponses the first time.

new.JPG

check.PNGIf this solved your issue please mark this posting "Accept as Solution".

Or if you like something that was said and it was helpful, Kudoskudos.PNG are appreciated. Thanks!!!! Smiley Very Happy

New EE Logo.PNG

Inventor.PNG     vault.PNG

Best Regards,
Scott McFadden
(Colossians 3:23-25)

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report