Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Frame Generator Insert Question

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
SteveFrey
266 Views, 3 Replies

Frame Generator Insert Question

Attached is a screen shot of the Insert Box. 

When inserting a custom frame generator member I get prompted for 5 fields.  The first is the Standard and this is always filled in automatically.  So is the second, the Family and sometimes the fourth, Material is usually set as well.  I don't have any different sizes so SIZE is always going to be the same choice.  The MATERIAL is almost always Bronze, Architectural except for one of my custom shapes.  And Appearance is always Satin Brass except for one as well.

I'm assuming these come up as defaults because of the way I published them.  How do I make these 5 fields default to my specific frame members without having to set each one?  Is this possible?  I've searched but can't figure out what controls this.  Thank you.

Steve Frey
Inventor 2021
Windows 10 Professional 64-bit
HP ZBook 17 G6
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i9-9880H CPU @ 2.30GHz
Memory: 80 GB
NVIDIA Quadro RTX5000
3D Connexion SpaceMouse Wireless
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
cbenner
in reply to: SteveFrey

I'm not sure you can set it to always prompt for the same thing, as long as there are other choices in the Content Center.  I have no way of testing this, but I suspect that if you removed all of the Standards but yours form Content Center, that would lock in that field.  Same with the families, if you removed all steel profile families form your CC except for the one you want... that might lock that in as well, etc.  This is all theoretical, thought, since I'm really not willing to tear into my CC to test it.  Sorry.  😉

Message 3 of 4
blair
in reply to: cbenner

I believe it sorts as it's based from your custom CC library. It will always start with the Top LH column first, then the next column to the RH of it and so on. As with CB, not about to tear apart any of my custom CC's to find out.

Inventor 2020, In-Cad, Simulation Mechanical

Just insert the picture rather than attaching it as a file
Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.
Delta Tau Chi ΔΤΧ

Message 4 of 4

I think Blair has the sorting figured out, however in my case the first family is BK - 'U' TROUGH and this seems to get skipped when a new assy is started and the FG Insert is started. The Family seems to go to the next selection. So it appears the ' means the family gets skipped over or something else because I also can't find it in the FG Insert Family selection?

So I guess to make it the default Family make the Family Name: entry so that it is alphabetically first.

cc.jpg

Brendan Henderson
CAD Manager

New Blog | Old Blog | Google+ | Twitter

Inventor 2016 PDSU Build 236, Release 2016.2.2, Vault Professional 2016 Update 1, Win 7 64 bit

Please use "Accept as Solution" & give "Kudos" if this response helped you.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report