Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

frame generator HELP!!!!

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
AbellS
577 Views, 6 Replies

frame generator HELP!!!!

Hi,

I have a frame controled by my skeleton sketch. Two plates that are used to mount a machine are associated to the skeleton and iLogic is used to adjust the dims in skeleton based on the selected machine and dimensions retrieved from the machine.

Last week the system was working perfectly. I would select a machine and the plates updated accordingly. but this morning I opened it up and the frame parts are not following the sketch. I edited the frame part using frame generator and as soon as I did that the preview indicated that the part was associated properly and would move to the location that the skeleton had adjusted it's self too. But as soon as I clicked ok it the complete part snaped back to the position designated for the smallest machine size and it will not update. I don't understand how the system can be working fine on Saturday when I closed it and be messed up this morning when I have not done anything too it.

There is a work around by placing the parts without the frame generator being involved which I may do anyway but I should not be having this problem anyway!

Thanks for letting me vent!... If there is a fix to this that would let me keep the frame generator solution intact I'm all ears but I suspect I'm going to have to implement the work around.

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
cbenner
in reply to: AbellS
Message 3 of 7
blair

You haven't posted your Inventor version, I would check to make sure you are current on all Service Pack's and Hot-Fixes for your version as well.

Inventor 2020, In-Cad, Simulation Mechanical

Just insert the picture rather than attaching it as a file
Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.
Delta Tau Chi ΔΤΧ

Message 4 of 7
Cadmanto

What role does the iLogic play in this?  Is it possible that the rule has line items that are either messing with the FG structure to the point the left hand does not know what the right hand is doing?  It is possible that while it worked when the session is opened for an error not to show up until the whole session is closed and reopened.  I ahve experienced that before in other cases.  Could someone else have been playing with other facits of this assembly unbeknownst to you?

check.PNGIf this solved your issue please mark this posting "Accept as Solution".

Or if you like something that was said and it was helpful, Kudoskudos.PNG are appreciated. Thanks!!!! Smiley Very Happy

New EE Logo.PNG

Inventor.PNG     vault.PNG

Best Regards,
Scott McFadden
(Colossians 3:23-25)

Message 5 of 7
AbellS
in reply to: Cadmanto

Thanks for the input all, I had forgotten about the rebuild command and that did the trick. 

As to the question of how i logic affects it. It's pretty straight foward the user selects the machine to be mounted in the frame, the code looks at that machine and gets info from reference dims I added to the files and inturn sends that to the skeleton that is controling the frame. The 2 plates are associated to that and adjust accordingly.

there are some if statements that move holes around but the position of the plates was the part that seemed to be broken.

Is there a command in iLogic that will trigger a rebuild all?

Message 6 of 7
Cadmanto

Check out this link for the rebuild command.

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Autodesk-Inventor/ILOGIC-REBUILD-ALL/td-p/2799332

check.PNGIf this solved your issue please mark this posting "Accept as Solution".

Or if you like something that was said and it was helpful, Kudoskudos.PNG are appreciated. Thanks!!!! Smiley Very Happy

New EE Logo.PNG

Inventor.PNG     vault.PNG

Best Regards,
Scott McFadden
(Colossians 3:23-25)

Message 7 of 7
AbellS
in reply to: Cadmanto

SWEET! Thanks lots

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report