Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Frame generator - Convert frame to part

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
KlaraSunder
1707 Views, 3 Replies

Frame generator - Convert frame to part

Help!

I have a messed-up frame that I have a recived from a company in Finland. They have sent it to me with "pack and go" and they are saying that it is correct in their program. The frame is missing the "Frame symbol" and have a "assembly symbol" instead. But the members in the Assemby/Frame are Frameparts....but I can't do any changes in the Assembly with Frameparts. I cant delete a framepart, I cant make any changes at all in the frame...

I have asked the Autodesk support here in Sweden, and they cant help me at all. I have sent them the complete "pack and go"-file and they don't understand why it is this way and cant help me.

Does anyone know how I can convert a framepart to a regular part?

That way I could as least make changes, as I can do in a regular part. Now the parts think that they belong to a frame, but it cant use frame generator, because it is an assembly. 

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Mark_Wigan
in reply to: KlaraSunder

just right click on the part and explode it. you can then work on it like a normal part, although it will have features that resemble the way frame generator built it. it should still be workable though.

normally i promote the sub parts from the Frame gen assy up into the parent assy. this pretty much de-frame gen's them anyway if i recall. i'd have to do it again to be sure but i had to de-frame gen many assy's a few months ago like this.

if you want just post them or give me a yell and i'll give you an email address to send them to me if you don't have any 'I.P.' concerns that is.

by the way, does the packngo that the client sent to you contain a skeleton and frame gen assy file?

best regards,
- Mark

(Kudo or Tag if helpful - in case it also helps others)

PDSU 2020 Windows 10, 64bit.

Message 3 of 4
KlaraSunder
in reply to: Mark_Wigan

Yes, I can do a few changes when I explode it, but unfortunately not all…

I think I have to accept that this model  is crashed.

And yes, the pack and go included a skeleton and frame gen assy-file…but it wasn’t a frame gen assy- file, just a assembly file with frame parts and skeleton.

Message 4 of 4
Lancasterm
in reply to: KlaraSunder

Are you tslking about when you open a frame part, the browser (header) says Frame Geneator.   If so click on that header in the browser and toggle it to model mode.   Once you do that you can see the entire model tree.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report