Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Frame Generator and Custom CC library Naming Convention

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
Carl_mgfx
1140 Views, 5 Replies

Frame Generator and Custom CC library Naming Convention

I have looked through the forums and could not find a specific topic that addressed the issue I am having.

• I have set up a Custom CC library that contains structural shapes.
  • In the Family Table I have a Stock No column which references the value in my DESIGNATION column
  • The Stock No column is mapped to Project.Stock Number
  • Under Template Parameter (in Parameter Mapping) I have mapped StockNo to Design Tracking Properties: Stock Number.

When I use Frame Generator to add a structural shape, from my library, the name shown in the Model Browser is formatted as follows (Standard)+(Unique Number) and not (Standard)+(Stock Number)+(Unique Number).

I have run out of ideas on how to get the Stock Number to show in the model Browser.

Can anyone please let me know how to get the members name to show, with the correct format, in the Model Browser as this will make identifying members in an assembly easier.

Please see attached for Model Browser pic.

Kind Regards

Carl van Rooyen 

Kind Regards
Carl van Rooyen
Application Engineer

Inventor 2019, Vault 2019,
HP ZBook 15u G4, Win 10 64Bit (ver 1709), i7-7500U, 16 GB Ram
Intel HD Graphics 620 with AMD Firepro W4190M
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
jpealo
in reply to: Carl_mgfx

Carl,

I've had the same issue and I wasn't able to get it to work consistently. I think the reason it two fold.

1. It's tricky to get table content to publish correctly. I've had to redo tables multiple times to get the data to stick. I might add that migration from one release to another can sometimes present problems. I've had to rebuild entire libraries because of corruption in migration. 

2. In Inventor 2012, I've found a bug where instance names in an assembly don't always update unless you manually update them by way of opening the file and changing the file name field.

You may have already tried this, but you might need to restart the computer to get things to work and reindex the libraries if you're using Vault. I've done this in the past and had some success.

Message 3 of 6
Carl_mgfx
in reply to: jpealo

Thanks for the reply, although I am still struggling with this and many other issues in creating my own custom library.

I will be posting another thread soon on other problems I am having with regards to scross section properties required by Inventor and Frame Analysis. Also reading those properties from the family table instead of the cross sectional geometry.

Kind Regards
Carl van Rooyen
Application Engineer

Message 4 of 6
Carl_mgfx
in reply to: jpealo

I have finally had time to come back and have a look at this and I've found a solution to this problem.

It seems that when you initially create the iPart, you need to include all the properties you will need from the "Properties" tab, I.e.. Description, Stock No, etc. (I had left "Stock No." out)

Including the Stock No in the iPart Table will then allow it to be added to the name in the browser when using Frame Generator.  

Kind Regards
Carl van Rooyen
Application Engineer

Message 5 of 6
WAYNE_HOUWD

Hi Carl,

Can you try to place part into a regular assembly directly from the Content Centre instead of working under Frame Generator Environment Assembly?

Make sure you check "As Customer" instead of "AS Standard'. See attachment.

With this operation, you can customize all your material section as whatever you want.

Best Regards,

Wayne

Message 6 of 6
cadman777

Carl,

Your comments were informative, thanx.

I have a reverse question which is puzzling to me ... maybe you can help:

How do I get the "ANSI - " prefix deleted from the File Name and Part Number in FG?

Please note that I already edited that prefix text out of the Family Table column in the custom iPart.

Thanx ... Chris

... Chris
Win 7 Pro 64 bit + IV 2010 Suite
ASUS X79 Deluxe
Intel i7 3820 4.4 O/C
64 Gig ADATA RAM
Nvidia Quadro M5000 8 Gig
3d Connexion Space Navigator

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report