Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Frame gen

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
gatyo_gatev
259 Views, 4 Replies

Frame gen

Hi guys
I am having troubles with a frame I did. I made a frame using frame generator and added parameters to it like width, length, etc. I also placed a lot more items as it is a cabin of a truck like, grill, plates, seats etc. What happened is that changes in the sketch of the frame doesn't affect the frame size itself. Do you have any suggestions what I might have done wrong.
Your help will be much appreciated!

Edited by
Discussion_Admin

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
Cadmanto
in reply to: gatyo_gatev

In my experience in using the frame generator I have changed widths, lengths and the frame updated.

As far as new members I had to delete existing and then add new.  Now if yours is not reflecting length type changes maybe you need to fo a forced rebuild.

rebuild.JPG

Also if you are changing frame member types you can RC on them and edit them that way.

Hope this helps you.

Best Regards,
Scott McFadden
(Colossians 3:23-25)

Message 3 of 5
gatyo_gatev
in reply to: Cadmanto

Thanks Jeremiah
I think my problem comes from constraining other parts/assemblies and these constraints get in conflict with the frame and I don't know which constraints I have to remove exactly...

Message 4 of 5
gatyo_gatev

Thank God I realized what was going wrong.
I had the file with the reference sketch for the frame grounded. So **** glad aboud it, whew 🙂

Message 5 of 5
Cadmanto

Glad it was something that simple.

Congrads on figuring it out!!!

Scott

Best Regards,
Scott McFadden
(Colossians 3:23-25)

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report