Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Frame Gen Miter is broken

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
371 Views, 3 Replies

Frame Gen Miter is broken

Since downgrading from 2013 to Inventor 2014 pro i have noticed among other things the miter tool will not miter anything under 2deg.

A straight parrelell connection with two frame generator componants will not succsefully miter unless the included angle is greater than 2deg. see attached screenshots.

This is a real pain, especialy when there is 100s of joins like this.

9.JPG8.JPG

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

I use framegen a lot, I'm surprised I haven't come across this yet...

I had to select the 'Bisect Mitre' option to make it work, otherwise it failed.

MITRES.jpg

I think it should remember your settings from the previous action, so tick the box once and do all the <2deg joints and you should be fine?

Having said all that, I just tried that option for the sake of it, can someone please explain to me when it is meant to be used, this is the first time I've ever needed it.

Message 3 of 4
Anonymous

The bi-sect miter creates a miter with 2 equal angles, not always what i need.
Although it is the only usable workaround at this stage.

Can an Autodesk Dev acknowledge this bug?
It is very easy to re-produce and not hardware specific so i am baffled as to how it got into final release.

Message 4 of 4
Yijiang.Cai

We could reproduce this issue, and it has been tracked in our database as 1512210. When the bi-sect option is selected in Miter dialog, it will work fine. For the more details about bi-sect option, please see them @ http://help.autodesk.com/view/INVNTOR/2014/ENU/?guid=GUID-181E350C-A869-4A83-899F-7A0CD820D6D4

Thanks,
River Cai

Inventor Quality Assurance Team
Autodesk, Inc.
Email: River-Yijiang.Cai@autodesk.com

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report