Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Frame and lifting point stress analysis

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
methoni
1846 Views, 2 Replies

Frame and lifting point stress analysis

A little bit of clarification on a frame analysis is required.

As can be seen in the attachments its a simple square frame manufactured from square hollow section ,lifted at two lift points.Inside the square frame is welded a silencer. The combined weights giving 2942N  per sling load.

The analysis is to determine the integrity of the frame  and to prove the lift lugs are adequate.

The first question is this.

1. Does the inventor analysis automatically take into account the weight of the frame, if so then presumably i should reduce the 2942N per sling load  

2. At this stage in the analysis i have ignored the stiffening contribution of the silencer to the frame and this has not been modeled although the silencer weight has been included in the sling load ,is this the correct approach.

3. Generally an individual calculation/analysis on one of the lugs would have been created to prove the strength around the pin area, but in this case it seemed appropriate to analyse the frame as a whole, or is this complicating things.

4. The current analysis shows a factor of safety of 2.4 but of course this may well change depending on which approach is used.

5. What about snatch loading say 2G can this be incorporated into the analysis ?

Any comments please.  

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
nithin9JMXC
in reply to: methoni

Why is this question not answered? We need more experts in this area to help us using the software efficiently. 

Message 3 of 3
johnsonshiue
in reply to: methoni

Hi! If I understand how Frame Analysis works correctly, I don't believe it was designed to tackle this particular case. It was designed to simulate the overall structure integrity of a frame created by Frame Generator using the classic beam equations. It is not FEA.

I suspect your case requires Stress Analysis or Inventor NASTRAN or Fusion Simulation.

Many thanks!

Johnson Shiue (johnson.shiue@autodesk.com)
Software Test Engineer

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report