Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FRAME ANALYSIS

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
methoni
386 Views, 5 Replies

FRAME ANALYSIS

I have designed a frame, please see attachment. I am currently finding it difficult to assess why the stress analysis is producing a safety factor below what would be expected. Could it be that the fixed constraints are wrong? A safety factor of around four would be ideal, theoretically I would expect given the section used and the thickness that this frame would be quite strong enough.

Any recomendations or further infomation required, please feel free to ask. 

Regards. 

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
JDMather
in reply to: methoni

An assembly file (*.iam) is only a list of hyperlinks to the part files (*.ipt) and a record of assembly constraints (and a bit more).

You must include the part files.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2019 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 Certified Professional
Certified SolidWorks Professional

Message 3 of 6
methoni
in reply to: JDMather

Thank you for taking the time to view my project I understand your query, due to the restriction on the number of attachments per post I have created this gmail account for which u can send an email to and in response to your email I shall replay with a blank email with all necessary parts attached. frametest500@gmail.com

Message 4 of 6
JDMather
in reply to: methoni

@methoni wrote:
.... due to the restriction on the number of attachments per post ...

It only takes ONE attachment to attach an assembly here.
Run Pack and Go eliminating all extraneous stuff.  (pay attention to the options)

Right click on the resulting folder containing all of your parts and iam and select Send to Compressed (zipped) Folder.

Attach the resulting *.zip file here (one file attachment)

or here

Autodesk360.com

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2019 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 Certified Professional
Certified SolidWorks Professional

Message 5 of 6
methoni

an attachment can be a maximum of 5MB from what i can tell where as the zip folder is at least 6MB

Message 6 of 6
methoni

JD

Thanks for your support.

Please ignore my earlier e-mail,

The problem with the frame analysis was with the material input,substituting the earlier material with a recognised inventor material (astm a36) the problem has now been resolved.This highlights the need for any custom materials created to be very carefully  scrutinised prior to use.

Regards

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report