Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Frame Analysis - Why Does This Happen?

1 REPLY 1
SOLVED
Message 1 of 2
Anonymous
266 Views, 1 Reply

Frame Analysis - Why Does This Happen?

I typically use FEA when doing Stress Aanalysis but when it comes to Saw Horses, it is much easier to perform an analysis using the Frame Analysis (stands are typically composed of HSS or Tubes).  After generating my line sketch and using the Frame Generator to build my Saw Horse, I then proceed to use the Frame Analysis function.  All goes well until....
Frame Analysis - Error.jpg

Frame Analysis - Error2.jpg

Why does this happen? I am using the Frame Generator tools to Trim/Extend to faces.  I am not using the Extrusion feature or anything of that sort. Can anyone shed some light on this? 

Thanks in advance.

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

Well I guess I should have investigated a little further before posting.  Apparently the frame generator was picking up the Work Planes and some how translating it to the structural member centerline?! This makes absolutely zero sense to me, but not much does any more.  If anyone comes across this issue, make sure to delete or remove any Work Plane before running the Frame Analysis.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report