Inventor General Discussion

Inventor General Discussion

*Andrew Faix \(Autodesk\)
Message 31 of 36 (50 Views)

Re: Fourm Recommendation

04-24-2008 10:39 AM in reply to: Lancasterm
They're used interchangeably :smileyhappy:

wrote in message news:5914202@discussion.autodesk.com...
Andrew Faix wrote: "Inventor customers tend to upgrade more quickly than
Inventor users"

LOL, so could you explain the difference in the two? Customer vs User
Distinguished Contributor
iDS!
Message 32 of 36 (50 Views)

04-24-2008 11:39 AM in reply to: Lancasterm
...sorry didn't mean to point you out Andrew...

Autodesk (in general) should really take a look at the power of this forum and adapt to it's ever changing needs...such as this topic...which seemingly re-appears every time a new "loyal" IV user with previous AutoCAD forum experience drifts over and notices this very same issue...

...I am happy with the increased participation with many of these forums...I'm guessing here but I have a hunch AD employees are encouraged to participate...and rightfully so...it can and will become evident this trend of communication is far greater to indirectly and directly educate and evolve the user base with a since of "re-assurance" Autodesk stands behind them...only because their questions are answered must faster and relevant (in most cases) to real world issues which some of us have fully taken advantage of.

The focus/goal for AD lately seems to be doing anything it can to convert it's HUGE user base to the next best thing! ...at least AutoCAD/MDT to Inventor speaking! ...AD knows darn good an well what can happen if they loose that since of comfort each user feels which builds brand loyalty!
hallstevenson
Message 33 of 36 (50 Views)

04-24-2008 01:06 PM in reply to: Lancasterm
> I believe the reason why its not split is because not nearly as many people would go back
> into previous version sections to help others.

To be completely honest, I wouldn't... I'd stay in the version that I'm currently running and peek in the "newer" release's section.

I *hate* searching for help in the AutoCAD forum. Which do I pick ? Just because I'm running 200x doesn't mean a problem I encounter is unique to that version.
coviepresb1647
Message 34 of 36 (50 Views)

06-11-2008 10:52 AM in reply to: Lancasterm
Mr. Faix, then who has something to do with how the NG are structured? Message was edited by: coviepresb1647
sugarhouse
Message 35 of 36 (50 Views)

06-11-2008 11:20 AM in reply to: Lancasterm
As has been stated before, searching in this single forum can be quite time-consuming (did I see that someone said there are over 300K posts??).
I could be wrong, but once you've searched through three pages of results looking for one specific answer, you could have probably just asked your specific question in a new post and gotten a reply. (This way, you can also be getting other work done during the waiting time, rather than spending your precious time reading through hundreds of fruitless posts/replies.) But then maybe people would get sick of answering the same questions over and over again?
coviepresb1647
Message 36 of 36 (50 Views)

07-07-2008 10:56 AM in reply to: Lancasterm
2 other recommendations:

1. Speed access to the forums. Over the past 2 weeks, it seems that it takes considerably longer to view them.
2. Have "Clear New" on the Watched Topics Index end and redisplay the title instead of running "clear new" with an infinite run time.
Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.
Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions or visit the Installation and Licensing Forum to get help installing your software.